View Single Post
pelastration
May12-04, 07:58 AM
P: 515
I just asked myself if a serious message of a Conference of Religious World Leaders could make a difference. I know some years ago we had something similar, but the message was not that powerful. A retry?

I see now a self-powering circle of violence. The beheading was predictable. This is a new individual drama on one of the sides, but there are many of drama's.

On the two sides you have extremes, both choose the violent way, each with a proper agenda and strategy.

The newcons in the US and the Islamic extremists on the other side.

This is not the 'clash of civilizations' but the 'clash of extremists'.

In a newcon document of 2000 http://www.newamericancentury.org/Re...asDefenses.pdf you can read that the unresolved conflict with Iraq provides the "immediate justification", (but that) the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf "transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein". 9/11 was the trigger, not the reason. And the revenges God of the newborn Christians was also involved.

The other side - easily called Al-Qaeda - have primary religious reasons which transcends civil issues and values. The goal is a religious society were individual rights are less important. For them it is important to have powerful show-cases like 9/11 and Berg's execution.

Where are the moderated voices of both sides or better ... of the joined religious world leaders?

Would such a Conference make a difference in your opinion?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Hoverbike drone project for air transport takes off
Earlier Stone Age artifacts found in Northern Cape of South Africa
Study reveals new characteristics of complex oxide surfaces