View Single Post
Dec4-09, 04:32 PM
It's probably best to stick with the classics:
Spam Tater-Tot Velveeta De-lites
"Served hot or cold, this savory party favorite is sure to be the last snack on the tray!"
Serves 3 - 103
1 can SPAM
1 loaf Velveeta
1 bag Tater Tots
1 bunch of decorative Toothpicks
1. Arrange Tater Tots on cookie sheet and bake, as directed on the bag, at 450 for 20 minutes or until crisp, golden-brown, and appealing. (It's probably best to play it safe here and just do them for the 20 minutes.)
0. I forgot to tell you: You've got to pre-heat the oven first.
2. Slice the Spam into thin slices which would be about large enough each to put one Tater Tot on top of, taking into account shrinkage due to frying.
3. Fry the Spam slices until they're resistant, in the Italian phrase, "to the teeth."
4. Slice the Velveeta into thin slices which would be about large enough to secure over a Tater Tot resting on a slice of fried Spam with a decorative toothpick before melting.
5. Arrange the slices of fried Spam on another cookie sheet. On each, place a Tater Tot and then a Velveeta slice, securing the arrangement with a decorative toothpick. Bake at 300 for 10 minutes, or until the Velveeta has melted over the Tater Tots and onto the fried Spam, the cookie sheet, and the oven floor.
6. Garnish with gherkins, capers, carrot curls, celery stalks, cucumber sticks, and radish florets, and enjoy. If you're serving them cold and congealed, try a warm Wesson-and-salt dip.
Do you suggest those little plastic toothpicks for added flavor and texture?