View Single Post
Jack21222
Oct1-11, 05:52 PM
P: 772
Alright, so my girlfriend and I are planning to go to the Renaissance Fair tomorrow morning. I'd leave my house around 8:30 and pick her up at 9. She offered to cook me breakfast tomorrow morning before we leave, but I declined, since I'd already be waking up at 8am as it is, and I don't want to wake up even earlier.

Anyway, now she's mad at me. I feel as if I did nothing wrong, and she's just being crazy. She probably feels as if I'm being an unreasonable jerk, and that she did nothing wrong.

So, am I a jerk, or is she crazy? Here is the exact text message exchange:

Her: Let me know about breakfast cause I'll need to take stuff out of the freezer tonight

Me: I'll pass on breakfast. Thanks anyway

Her: Thanks alot I won't offer anything ever again

Me: ?

Her: ?

Me: I don't understand why you're mad. You can still eat breakfast.

Her: I'm not mad. That is not the point I know I can eat breakfast. I find it rude if someone is doing something nice for you to say no thanks I'll pass. Like I said, I won't offer

Me: I didn't know I didn't have a choice in the matter. If I wasn't allowed to decline breakfast, you should have told me

Her: U always have a choice, u just chose wrong. U can always do what u want. I was being nice.

Me: I just don't feel like waking up an extra hour early so you can be nice. I don't think I chose wrong

Her: Ok ttyl
Please advise.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Bees able to spot which flowers offer best rewards before landing
Classic Lewis Carroll character inspires new ecological model
When cooperation counts: Researchers find sperm benefit from grouping together in mice