View Single Post
zuba
Dec18-12, 08:06 AM
P: 1
Hi all!, first post!

I'm programming an attitude estimation and control algorithm for a satellite. So I need a reference "trayectory" for my control system to try to follow.

The generation of that attitude profile is tricky: point to the sun, if sat has access to a certain city, point to it, the point again to the sun... and so on.

So I've managed to make a q(t) to make all that possible, but I need the angular velocities that yield that reference attitude quaternion as a function of time.

While I have already figured out a way to get them, they are not perfectly mathematically calculated, showing some nasty discontinuities at certain times.

So, the problem is, given the quaternion kinematic equations:

\begin{equation}
\dot q =\frac{1}{2} \left[ \begin{array}{cccc} q_4 & -q_3 & q_2 & q_1 \\ q_3 & q_4 & -q_1 & q_2 \\ -q_2 & q_1 & q_4 & q_3 \\ -q_1 & -q_2 & -q_3 & q_4 \end{array}\right] \left[ \begin{array}{c} \omega_1 \\ \omega_2 \\ \omega_3 \\ 0 \end{array}\right],
\end{equation}

and the quaternion \begin{equation}q(t),\end{equation} what is \begin{equation}\vec \omega(t)?.\end{equation} I think the problem would be a boundary value problem, but I don't really know. Does anyone can point me in the right direction?? maybe a matlab supereasy command ?

Thanks in advance!!
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists design quantum switches which can be activated by single photons
'Dressed' laser aimed at clouds may be key to inducing rain, lightning
Higher-order nonlinear optical processes observed using the SACLA X-ray free-electron laser