What's Your Desktop Background?

• Thread starter StevieTNZ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Desktop
In summary, the conversation revolved around the participants' current desktop backgrounds. Some shared photos they took themselves, while others used images of their favorite things or people. Some preferred plain backgrounds, while others used programs to modify their desktop environment. The conversation also touched on computer virus protection and the use of dual monitors. Some participants mentioned rotating through a collection of photos for their desktop background.
StevieTNZ
What's your desktop background?

Mine is
ahdesktop_zps1fcc8350.jpg

The View <3, with love.

Physics news on Phys.org
https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=59403&stc=1&d=1370832675

Attachments

• rsz_back.jpg
    rsz_back.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 451
This has been mine for as long as I can remember.

Attachments

• jimmy page.jpg
    jimmy page.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 488
WannabeNewton said:

I'm surprised it's not a photo of Kate Upton... what kind of "fan" are you, anyway?!

my work desktop is a black screen, to better contrast the mess that's on top.

If I put a picture up now it'd be a "where's Waldo?" file search.

Although that "The View" desktop looks inviting. :smile:

WannabeNewton said:

Nice! Great background.

My background is plain black. It used to be M-51 (from petty pictures) but after a couple of years and thousands of hours studying interacting galaxies, I needed a break.

this picture , it's been at least 2 years now with this one , I really like it for some reasons.

Attachments

• Earth-and-moon-from-space.jpg
    Earth-and-moon-from-space.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 472
This gorgeous bird :!):

5_crow.jpg

lisab said:
This gorgeous bird :!):

5_crow.jpg

Once upon a midnight dreary ...

Last edited:
Likes 1 person
Bullet Cluster.

I just starting using this one. It betrays my inner geekiness, but also has some nice black areas for my icons.

Attachments

• lcars.jpg
    lcars.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 431
I am only allowed to share this information with Polish Administrators.

Ivan Seeking said:
I am only allowed to share this information with Polish Administrators.

:smile:

My is surprisingly empty - but then I have reinstalled Windows not long ago and I am not switching my computer off at all, so I almost never see the desktop.

desktop2013.jpg

(actually this is just half of the desktop on the first monitor, but the other half is just a copy of the same image)

Janus said:
I just starting using this one. It betrays my inner geekiness, but also has some nice black areas for my icons.

10 thumbs up. :smile:

I've had my new laptop for 6 months now, and just changed the installed background, to this:

background.2013.06.14.pf.600x400.jpg

Locals should look closely at the mountain. (This means you Janus!)

I was going to save this for "Where's the Landmark" thread, but this is too awesome not to share.

Not to mention, that I'll probably die of old age before I figure out Fuzzy's latest landmark. :tongue:

OmCheeto said:
10 thumbs up. :smile:

I've had my new laptop for 6 months now, and just changed the installed background, to this:

background.2013.06.14.pf.600x400.jpg

I was going to save this for "Where's the Landmark" thread, but this is too awesome not to share.

Not to mention, that I'll probably die of old age before I figure out Fuzzy's latest landmark. :tongue:

clue: Ben Coffman Photography :redface:

Clue. Harry Truman?

nsaspook said:
Clue. Harry Truman?

May his Spirit live on!

OmCheeto said:

Look in Switzerland :wink:

Janus said:
May his Spirit live on!

With the Spirits of his 16 cats.

OmCheeto said:

Former mountain, you mean.

lisab said:

My new boss and I were discussing it last week, so I reviewed the wiki entry on it. Simply incredible.

wiki said:
The resulting blast laterally directed the pyroclastic flow of very hot volcanic gases, ash and pumice formed from new lava, while pulverized old rock hugged the ground, initially moving at 220 miles per hour (350 km/h) but quickly accelerating to 670 miles per hour (1,080 km/h) (it may have briefly passed the speed of sound).

By the time this pyroclastic flow hit its first human victims, it was still as hot as 360 °C (680 °F) and filled with suffocating gas and flying angular material.

Hotter than the broiler setting in your oven, and faster than a commercial airliner. Good God.

Then, with all the talk of "Spirit", I watched a video this morning. Excellent sciency stuff.

--------------------------------
ps. thank you Borek. ;)

Back in November of '81 I made a solo x-country flight from Kelso, WA to Yakima, WA and back which offered me the chance to get a nice close up aerial view of the mountain and the surrounding devastation. It was about a year and a half after the eruption.

I think I've already mentioned before how I got a personal memento in the form of 10 stitches from the awakening of that volcano.

lisab said:

It's still a mountain, it's just a little shorter now.

Coldplay. I like the photo and I like the album.
9051091337_0b6ce62016_o.jpg

A poppy :)

Attachments

• Andre's poppy.jpg
    Andre's poppy.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 363
http://postimg.org/image/5b52zx5uz/

I use this for my phone as well!

My shop computer background.

Attachments

• button.jpg
    button.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 410
off and on this has been mine

Attachments

• Physics_doodles.jpg
    Physics_doodles.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 384
My wallpaper randomly rotates every 15 minutes through a collection of photos I've taken at national parks and other places.

i have a image of me and my gf photo attached with each other as my desktop background
Fullscreen capture 24062013 133435.jpg

Bump.

pSE8kAC.png

Last edited: