Register to reply

PF PHOTO CONTEST - Rubber Eraser (4/14-4/20)

by ZapperZ
Tags: contest, eraser, or 20, photo, rubber
Share this thread:
ZapperZ
Apr14-07, 08:55 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 29,238
Rubber Eraser

This is silly enough, and trivial enough, that I just HAD to include it in our contest. April 15 is, get this, Rubber Eraser Day here in the US! Honest! You can't make these things up!

So, to mark this joyous occasion (and yes, I'm trying to type that without giggling), our theme this week is on the often-overlooked rubber eraser! Your picture must have, as its main subject, one or more rubber erasers.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. But other than that, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
What lit up the universe?
Sheepdogs use just two simple rules to round up large herds of sheep
Animals first flex their muscles
Moonbear
Apr14-07, 10:06 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Dang! I knew I should have bought that crab-shaped eraser when I went to Baltimore with Zenmaster! Well, I KNOW I don't have any photos lying around for this contest, so I guess this one will really inspire people to be creative and take some new ones. I'm just dying to see what people come up with for this one.

Rubber eraser day?! It's official, there really IS a day for everything!
turbo
Apr14-07, 10:32 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
On my calendar, it says that April 25th is "Administrative Professionals Day". Are administrative professionals losing their one day of glory to a lowly office-supply commodity? Oh, the humanity!!!

ZapperZ
Apr14-07, 10:43 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
PF PHOTO CONTEST - Rubber Eraser (4/14-4/20)

Quote Quote by turbo-1 View Post
On my calendar, it says that April 25th is "Administrative Professionals Day". Are administrative professionals losing their one day of glory to a lowly office-supply commodity? Oh, the humanity!!!
Er.. I did a typo. It really is on April 15, not 25 (I've corrected it in the OP). So the Administrative Prof. Day is has not be supplanted by an office supply.

:)

Zz.
Moonbear
Apr14-07, 11:03 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Quote Quote by ZapperZ View Post
Er.. I did a typo. It really is on April 15, not 25 (I've corrected it in the OP). So the Administrative Prof. Day is has not be supplanted by an office supply.

Zz.
Aw, darn...it would have been funnier if it was. That would learn them to get all uppity and give fancy titles to secretaries (since it used to be secretary's day until the "administrative assistants" got all upset when people gave them flowers for "secretary's day" and complained they weren't secretaries. ).
ZapperZ
Apr16-07, 09:08 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Wow! Going into the 3rd day of this contest, and not a single photo of rubber eraser!

This could be interesting.....

Zz.
physarrista
Apr16-07, 12:20 PM
P: 9
I can't get the lighting right...
Chi Meson
Apr16-07, 12:21 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 1,772
I'm first!

I win!

EDIT!

I have changed my photo.

How come my image isn't showing?

{edit - let ME try! Zz}
Monique
Apr16-07, 12:23 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
cheater!!! oh wait, that's an actualy eraser
scorpa
Apr16-07, 10:49 PM
P: 372
I should win due to the sheer difficulty of taking this picture. You have no idea how long this took and I still didn't get a good one!

Physics is Phun
Apr17-07, 12:24 AM
P: 94
was bored doing my calc homework. so i thought i'd take a picture of it instead

scorpa
Apr17-07, 12:53 AM
P: 372
Quote Quote by Chi Meson View Post
I'm first!

I win!

EDIT!

I have changed my photo.

How come my image isn't showing?
Haha points for creativity.
ZapperZ
Apr17-07, 04:18 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
I'm first!

I win!

EDIT!

I have changed my photo.
You may want to double check which of the links you were using. If it isn't displayed here, I may not be able to use it in the poll.

Also, take note of our rule:

Quote Quote by Photo Contest Rules
4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.
We'll let it go this time, but this is last time.

Zz.
Chi Meson
Apr17-07, 08:29 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 1,772
Quote Quote by ZapperZ View Post
You may want to double check which of the links you were using. If it isn't displayed here, I may not be able to use it in the poll.

Also, take note of our rule:

We'll let it go this time, but this is last time.

Zz.
Sorry about that. But the second was such a better picture. I took the first one becuase I was feeling sorry for the contest It will be posted in the "disqualified" thread, so you can see for yourself.

By the way, my picture only shows as a link on my screen, but Scorpa's copy of my post shows the picture. What the heck?
ZapperZ
Apr17-07, 08:36 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
By the way, my picture only shows as a link on my screen, but Scorpa's copy of my post shows the picture. What the heck?
I've edited your post and re-entered the img tags. It seems to work for me.

Zz.
neutrino
Apr19-07, 03:11 AM
P: 2,046

Well, I got a new digital camera! I'm just getting used to it, and hence the dark picture.
ZapperZ
Apr19-07, 09:12 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Just a reminder that you have LESS than 2 days left to enter a photo for this contest. Don't erase it out of your memory. I'm sure you can come up with some creative ways to take a picture of the often-neglected rubber eraser!

Zz.
aereal
Apr19-07, 03:21 PM
P: 4
As Moonbear mentioned, you can resize and crop your image, but nothing else.
roger that. so, i'm deleting the post - I did not save the original file, and unfortunately it is not possible to change the matrix in my camera in the nearest future in order to overcome those noises... :) forget it!

Register to reply