Rc Hovercraft Race @ Shaastra 2007,india

• Thread starter dopa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Race Rc
In summary, the SHAASTRA 2007 event at IIT Madras, India is offering a chance to earn cash and fame by participating in the FIRE n ICE event. This involves making a small hovercraft and competing for exciting prizes. The event is too far for one person, but they are asking for help in spreading the word to others who may be interested. In the past, a university in India built a full-sized hovercraft and the student who worked on it became a professor teaching related topics. The event organizers are asking for this information to be shared with friends and other interested individuals. The event has also been posted on hovercraft forums in the UK and USA for potential helpful comments or projects.
dopa
Hi friends
SHAASTRA 2007 (IIT MADRAS,INDIA) brings you an opportunity to earn a lot of cash and become famous .
Participate in FIRE n ICE event where you have to make a small hovercraft
and compete with others.

For more information look at the link below
http://www.shaastra.org/n/events/Fire+n+ICE

lots of exciting prizes to be won:!)

Engineering news on Phys.org
Its too far for me......good luck though.

Hey, back in the early 1970's one of the universities (in India) built a full sized hovercraft. The student became a professor years later teaching hovercraft related topics. Do you have any pictures of this old hovercraft by any chance?

Sorry Kach22i ..i don't have any any pic of the hovercraft you are referring to .
Do me a favour pleasez...can u tell about our event to your friends and other ppl who ll be intersted in making hovercraft.

dopa said:
Sorry Kach22i ..i don't have any any pic of the hovercraft you are referring to .
Do me a favour pleasez...can u tell about our event to your friends and other ppl who ll be intersted in making hovercraft.

I'll post it in a section of the Hovercraft Club of America, it' may be of interest to our educators. I'll also post an FYI in the UK forum so they know what you are up to.

I don't think anyone is going to travel to India, but you might end up with some helpful comments on certain projects/entries.

UK:
http://hovercraft.org.uk/FUDforum2/index.php?t=msg&goto=6248&S=ae012148691c3031976a47b42bfda13c#msg_6248

USA:
http://www.hoverclubofamerica.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=1301&st=0#entry12047

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks a lot kach22i

1. What is a RC hovercraft race?

A RC hovercraft race is a competition where participants control remote-controlled hovercrafts to race against each other. The goal is to navigate the course and complete it in the shortest amount of time.

2. How do I participate in the RC hovercraft race at Shaastra 2007 in India?

To participate in the RC hovercraft race at Shaastra 2007 in India, you can register online or on-site during the event. You will need to pay a participation fee and follow the rules and regulations set by the organizers.

3. What are the rules and regulations for the RC hovercraft race?

The rules and regulations for the RC hovercraft race may vary depending on the specific event. However, some common rules include the size and weight limit of the hovercraft, the type of batteries allowed, and the use of any additional equipment or modifications. It is important to carefully read and follow the rules to avoid disqualification.

4. Are there any age or experience requirements for participating in the RC hovercraft race?

Yes, there may be age or experience requirements for participating in the RC hovercraft race. Some events may have a minimum age limit, while others may require participants to have prior experience in controlling RC vehicles. It is best to check with the organizers beforehand to ensure you meet all requirements.

5. What are the benefits of participating in the RC hovercraft race?

Participating in the RC hovercraft race can be a fun and exciting experience for all ages. It allows you to test your skills in controlling a remote-controlled vehicle and compete against others. Additionally, it can also help improve hand-eye coordination and technical skills. Plus, you may have the chance to win prizes and recognition for your performance.