by Evo
Tags: cats, evo, kitten, kittens, lovers
Share this thread:
Evo
Feb21-08, 04:48 PM
Mentor
P: 26,557
Quote Quote by Math Is Hard View Post
Overwhelming.. urge.. to snorgle a tum-tum!!!
No kidding!!!

MIH, your avatar is frightening me.
turbo
Feb21-08, 04:52 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
MIH, your avatar is frightening me.
That avatar IS scary.
Math Is Hard
Feb21-08, 05:36 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,922
OK, i will revert to a friendlier avatar.
Evo
Feb21-08, 05:40 PM
Mentor
Thanks MIH, much better!!!
lisab
Feb21-08, 05:44 PM
Mentor
P: 2,990
Careful there...with a lot of kitties you'll end up with a bloody stump!
turbo
Feb21-08, 05:47 PM
PF Gold
Thank you!

But if Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
Moonbear
Feb21-08, 06:56 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Quote Quote by scorpa View Post
Harley likes to help me with my homework:

But then he gets tired and needs a nap:

I think I need to get him a bigger bed.
Wow! He's huge! I mean, lengthwise, not fat wise.

Indeed, he's just begging for that...and belly skritches.
Evo
Feb21-08, 07:01 PM
Mentor
The Spawn of Evo would call him "fat and juicy", which means he's irresitable.
turbo
Feb21-08, 07:04 PM
PF Gold
He's got nothing on my grandparents' kitty. "Fluffy" was a huge orange tiger that used to terrorize the neighborhood dogs to the point that my grandparents had to tie him out on a run every day to avoid problems with the neighbors that had dogs. He was a sweetie with me and the other grand-kids, but every night, he and my 6'5"+ grandfather would have long play-fights that left Gramps all scarred up and left Fluffy tougher than a bag of hammers.
scorpa
Feb21-08, 07:06 PM
P: 372
Length and height wise he is larger than most small dogs like ****zu's, about two-three more inches and he would be level with my knee. My aunt thinks he may have some main coone in him, apparently they are large cats with similar coloring. He's such a big baby thought, give him attention and he just eats it all up.

One thing about him that no one can believe is his fur. He is so unbelievably soft, it feels more like rabbit fur than cat fur. I've never seen a cat as soft as this guy before. My family likes to joke that he would make a wonderful pair of slippers....awful people they are...grr.

Edit: I just googled Maine Coon cats and good lord those things can get massive! I've never seen a cat that big before.
scorpa
Feb21-08, 07:07 PM
P: 372
Quote Quote by turbo-1 View Post
terrorize the neighborhood dogs to the point that my grandparents had to tie him out on a run every day to avoid problems with the neighbors that had dogs.
Turbo that is hilarious!!!
turbo
Feb21-08, 07:14 PM
PF Gold
Turbo that is hilarious!!!
If he got off his run, he would watch the street, and if a dog came by, Fluffy would mount him with claws fully extended, and take that rodeo-ride down the street, entertaining the inhabitants. He was a popular entertainer. He must have been 20+ pounds, but he was cuddly and sweet.
Moonbear
Feb21-08, 07:22 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Length and height wise he is larger than most small dogs like ****zu's, about two-three more inches and he would be level with my knee. My aunt thinks he may have some main coone in him, apparently they are large cats with similar coloring. He's such a big baby thought, give him attention and he just eats it all up.

One thing about him that no one can believe is his fur. He is so unbelievably soft, it feels more like rabbit fur than cat fur. I've never seen a cat as soft as this guy before. My family likes to joke that he would make a wonderful pair of slippers....awful people they are...grr.

Edit: I just googled Maine Coon cats and good lord those things can get massive! I've never seen a cat that big before.
Yep, friends of mine had a Maine Coon cat that I used to babysit (he was black and white...the coloring can vary). He was bigger than a lot of small dogs. The really neat thing about Maine Coons is they don't meow. There's something defective about their vocal cords. They can make some noises, but no meowing.

I actually wonder if Ember has a tidbit of Maine Coon in her. She has that super-soft fur too, which I just LOVE (she's not always as thrilled, because I can't resist giving her big snuggles all the time), and I've NEVER heard her give a proper meow. When she was a kitten, she'd open her mouth and instead of a meow, would make sort of an airy "heh" sound (not a hiss...she does those perfectly well when she wants to). She can do a growl, and sort of a chirp, but no proper meowing. I know she's a mutt (can you use the term "mutt" for cats?), but just wonder if there's a bit of that in her (she also got rather long...my friend who has 5 cats even was surprised at how big she was...I think it's some illusion with all the fur too, but she's very tall (still only 10 lbs though...under all that luxurious fur, she has a supermodel figure).
turbo
Feb21-08, 07:28 PM
PF Gold
A lot of Maine Coons are not vocal, get really massive, and seem to have a lot of extra toes/claws. They are fluffy gentle cats with thick undercoats.

They don't put up with a lot of crap, though, if they have been brought up in a tough neighborhood. Interbreeds can be really tough. My uncle had a Maine Coon Cat/ orange tiger interbreed that went feral and only got live-trapped years later. Buffy was OK with getting regular meals, etc, but he clawed the crap out of my younger cousin when she tried picking him up.
marlon
Mar8-08, 08:59 AM
P: 4,006
My TWO new cats Ruffo, on the right, and Mina, on the left:

They are brother and sister

marlon
Evo
Mar8-08, 12:25 PM
Mentor
Awww, they're cuties!!!
Andre
Mar8-08, 12:57 PM
PF Gold
P: 5,459
Nice Marlon,

However from personal experience and that of others, it seems that the brother eventually may run away and try his luck elsewhere.
lisab
Mar8-08, 02:44 PM
Mentor
P: 2,990
Nice kitties! They look like book ends!

Register to reply