The So Called New World Order

by JohnSimpson
Tags: called, order, world
JohnSimpson
May28-08, 12:46 PM
P: 91
Some of you may or may not have heard of a group called the Bilderburg who has made headlines in recent years. There is a fairly involved theory revolving around how the founders of the movement to start this group and their subsequent ancestors have been directing world affairs for centuries, highlighted vigorously in the 2007 movie Endgame (along with a hefty helping of insane conspiracy, screaming at cars, and bias).

I personally believe that elites who are doing things that the people want don't meet behind closed doors under tight security and secrecy. I think that the evidence for the more ghastly versions of the conspiracy is shaky at best, but I feel as though the puzzle pieces are in no way being forced together, and that there may be something there.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Going nuts? Turkey looks to pistachios to heat new eco-city
Space-tested fluid flow concept advances infectious disease diagnoses
SpaceX launches supplies to space station (Update)
lisab
May28-08, 01:05 PM
Mentor
P: 2,915
In my experience, many young people today believe that the world around us is controlled by (usually rich) people lurking in the shadows.

I think they believe that because the alternative is so truly frightening - and empowering: that no one's in control of this world. You have the reins to your life in your own hands.
vanesch
Jun2-08, 12:50 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 6,238
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
I think they believe that because the alternative is so truly frightening - and empowering: that no one's in control of this world. You have the reins to your life in your own hands.
No ? Really ? You can't be serious !

Also, the problem with any theory about a "new world order" is that after a while, it becomes an old world order...

Register to reply