View Poll Results: What is your status?
Single 67 54.03%
Married 29 23.39%
GF/BF or significant other 28 22.58%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Register to reply

Are you single, married, or do you have a gf/bf?

by gravenewworld
Tags: gf or bf, married, single
Share this thread:
Cyrus
Jul17-08, 06:20 PM
P: 4,777
Quote Quote by Moonbear View Post
That's already berating them. You're considering them lesser than you, not even worthy of talking to, simply because of how they dress. They could be very interesting people, intelligent, witty, with a lot to share, but because you're so hung up on appearances, you don't even want to consider them...you think they're beneath you and your fancy clothes.
Maybe they are, if I dont find a woman attractive I wont go out of my way to chat her up.
Cyrus
Jul17-08, 06:23 PM
Maybe you should consider how you're saying things if it seems EVERYONE is taking it the wrong way?
To your comments on saying I said something about expensive clothes:

http://physicsforums.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=216

I did not, and I explain what I meant above.

To your comments on saying about changing someone:

http://physicsforums.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=219

I said im not going to change anyone, again above.

I dont understand what was not clear in those posts? People are now just taking bits and pieces of what I said from all over the place.
Moonbear
Jul17-08, 06:26 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Quote Quote by Cyrus View Post
Maybe they are, if I dont find a woman attractive I wont go out of my way to chat her up.
Talk about arrogance! Heaven forbid you should look for substance over appearance or talk to someone for a reason other than "chatting her up." Meh, you're probably doing them a favor not to subject them to such superficiality.
Cyrus
Jul17-08, 06:28 PM
Talk about arrogance! Heaven forbid you should look for substance over appearance or talk to someone for a reason other than "chatting her up." Meh, you're probably doing them a favor not to subject them to such superficiality.
Do you REALLY think im going to chat up every girl that walks by just because she might have a nice personality. I want to be attracted to her as well.

Why would I chat up a girl im not attracted to when there are plenty of ones that I AM attracted to all over town...

Do you chat up the guy with tattoos and big hula-hoop spacers on his ears, a bright red mohawk, and all black clothes for a date when you run across him? He might have a great personality, dont be superficial.........
rootX
Jul17-08, 06:42 PM
P: 1,294
Quote Quote by Math Is Hard View Post

Is it just me, or are PFers a tad testy today ?
I think this thread needs a time out. Just long enough for everyone's blood pressure to go down, at least.

I think this thread has lived beyond its expected age. I thought this would be locked by yesterday, but now I think this would die naturally.
turbo
Jul17-08, 06:56 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by Cyrus View Post
Do you chat up the guy with tattoos and big hula-hoop spacers on his ears, a bright red mohawk, and all black clothes for a date when you run across him? He might have a great personality, dont be superficial.........
That's not fair to Moonie, Cy. You have extrapolated and exaggerated to make her argument look weak, and that is not fair at all. Moonie could meet an average-looking older guy like me and talk a bit and find out that we had a lot in common, and follow up. She would never look at me in a bar (unless it was years back and I could still perform in the presence of fragrances), but if I asked her to dance, and we sat together for a bit and I tried to tell her about my musical preferences and a recently published paper on galactic interaction (astrophysics), I'll bet we'd connect pretty well. When I was hosting open-mike jams at local taverns, I'd get approached by ladies that were way too forward - but my wife trusted me and we got through it OK.
berkeman
Jul17-08, 07:12 PM
Mentor
P: 40,932
Based on the number of Post Reports to the Mentors, I think the best thing is to close the thread. Thread closed.

Register to reply