baywax
May23-07, 06:27 PM
PF Gold
P: 2,215
And here's some more updates: this one from July 2005

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1448108/posts

(snipette)
Cataclysmic Earthquake

Paulina Zelitsky has been steadfast in her theory of the collapse of the city as a result of a powerful earthquake more than 12,000 years ago .

"All the team’s scientists are in agreement with the understanding that the geologic formation of the Yucatan Peninsula is as a result of seismic activity.

In fact, the Peninsula and the zone of the collapse are located near a zone of high seismicity ", she says. -

This discovery demonstrates that the first north americans arrived earlier than previously thought and that all did not arrive on the continent by means of the Bering Straits. Many others arrived from Asia by means of the Pacific Ocean.

Translated from Diario de Yucatan, July 10, 2005. Photo from www.guerrillero.co.cu/.
baywax
May23-07, 06:29 PM
PF Gold
And National Geographic had to get in on the action:

New Underwater Finds Raise Questions About Flood Myths
Brian Handwerk
for National Geographic News
May 28, 2002
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...kencities.html

Sorry if this is a repeat.
Andre
May24-07, 02:12 AM
PF Gold
P: 5,458
Yes there was quite some upheaval in that time. Lot's of media coverage and forums coverage. Tales of Atlantis and such.

But the scientific coverage lacked completely, it's way beyond me why things were not thoroughly investigated. We just have to wait and see if anything is happening. We just must know what this is exactly and we must face it that it may be something that we cannot understand for now.
Andre
Jun11-08, 04:15 PM
PF Gold
I'm reviving this thread with the news that there is no news, in a positive way.

One of my friends, geoscience major, was challenged to present a case on the edge. Some phenomenon that could not be explained with the current state of knowledge. It was agreed to present the case of the Cuban Lost City. So she e-mailed the main players, like the geologist Manuel Itturalde-Vinent, asking for updates and got responses promptly: sorry, nothing more to report.

The last action was is 2005. ADC, Paulina Zelitski, had to withdraw when the funding dried up. National Geographic abandoned their plans on a special documentary.

This underlines the objective of this thread. Why aren't the research vessels crowding the local area, fighting for their right to investigate this curiosity to the bottom? Why are we turning our backs, trying to forget, when something really unexplainable pops up?

Meanwhile the 'city' is almost really lost
baywax
Jun11-08, 04:35 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Andre View Post
I'm reviving this thread with the news that there is no news, in a positive way.

One of my friends, geoscience major, was challenged to present a case on the edge. Some phenomenon that could not be explained with the current state of knowledge. It was agreed to present the case of the Cuban Lost City. So she e-mailed the main players, like the geologist Manuel Itturalde-Vinent, asking for updates and got responses promptly: sorry, nothing more to report.

The last action was is 2005. ADC, Paulina Zelitski, had to withdraw when the funding dried up. National Geographic abandoned their plans on a special documentary.

This underlines the objective of this thread. Why aren't the research vessels crowding the local area, fighting for their right to investigate this curiosity to the bottom? Why are we turning our backs, trying to forget, when something really unexplainable pops up?

Meanwhile the 'city' is almost really lost
This is something an independently wealthy person or persons could pull off. They'd have to hire some internationally known experts so their data and opinions would at least scratch the surface of the media. For instance, Graham Hancock couldn't do it since everyone seems to hate him. And he never really has any professionals with him on his explorations. His only big achievement has been waking up the Indian government to the fact that their sub-Continent is surrounded by submerged cities of great age. Now the Indian government has initiated dives and excavation plus research with amazing results.

Why is this site almost really lost?
surferdude69
Oct21-08, 09:18 AM
P: 1
i have alot of money!!and this is very interesting. but where would i start to get something rolling?
Andre
Oct21-08, 09:28 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by surferdude69 View Post
i have alot of money!!and this is very interesting. but where would i start to get something rolling?
Are you serious? I know the players and it should be easy to start things off, but we're talking six, perhaps seven digits, I think, to do things right.
NileQueen
Oct21-08, 09:32 AM
P: 105
Robert Ballard would be the person to get involved in investigating this site.
Andre
Oct21-08, 09:36 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by NileQueen View Post
Robert Ballard would be the person to get involved in investigating this site.
Perhaps, I'd say that Paulina Zelitski should be asked to finish the job.
baywax
Oct21-08, 12:53 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by surferdude69 View Post
You could start by becoming a gold member of PhysicsForums!

Then I'd think about taking Andre's advice since Paulina Zelitski was the first to recognize the anomalies at 600 metres below sea level, just off the Cuban coast. She seems to have a keen eye.

The possibility of the Mega Site being related to the Mayan Civilization holds great promise and I think it would spark huge interest, world wide.

Holding the rights to images, research and publications may prove to be a lucrative investment. I have linked to satellite images of the area in the Mayan Underworld thread, (Histories and Humanities) that show submerged "roads" leading to and from the Mega Site.
NileQueen
Oct21-08, 02:27 PM
P: 105
Quote Quote by Andre View Post
Perhaps, I'd say that Paulina Zelitski should be asked to finish the job.
Why shouldn't she be a collaborator?

Register to reply