What do 'nerdy' guys like in girls?

by MissSilvy
Tags: girls, guys, nerdy
Share this thread:
TheStatutoryApe
Jan3-09, 02:04 PM
P: 1,550
Quote Quote by MissSilvy View Post
Aside from the 1940s housewifery going on; Christ, there's large differences in opinions. The one issue I'm semi-confused about is whether a girl is intelligent in science or intelligent in the humanities.
I've found that women seem to have an idea of what they want in a man (or think they do) while men tend not to be sure about what they want in a woman. Women seem to be searching for someone who matches their dream man (or as close to as possible) and men are just searching, trying to figure out who their dream woman is. So among men criteria for a partner tend to be rather broad... so to speak.

Good rules of thumb are that a person will be interested in a person of similar intelligence, accomplishment/drive, and interests. And any one, or all, of these rules can be thrown out the window in the right circumstances, especially with men.

For 'nerdy guys' you will probably want to focus on being able to communicate and have intelligent conversation with them about the things that interest them. As has already been pointed out there is a definition problem for the word 'nerdy'. There are different sorts of nerds/geeks. There are computer geeks, science geeks, math geeks, lit. geeks, theatre geeks, film geeks, ect.. You're average geek realizes that most people (let alone those specififcally of the female persuasion) are not likely to share their passion and accept that. You may get bonus points for sharing this with them but it certainly isn't a deal maker or breaker. So secondary interests come into play alot. Secondary interests among geeks tend toward video games, comic books, science fiction, fantasy, strategy games (e.g. chess), logic puzzles... and even range out into not so geeky things such as poker, billiards, guns, fishing, cars, ect.. Its an incredibly wide range so what you are looking for as far as what a nerdy guy wants will generally have alot to do with what sort of nerd you are looking for.
Crazy Tosser
Jan3-09, 02:37 PM
P: 175
Good stuff, Cyrus :D

I lol'd

BTW did you guys hear the most recent study in psychology that girls actually have as much mathematical (and abstract thinking etc.) potential as guys?
rootX
Jan3-09, 02:52 PM
P: 1,294
Quote Quote by Crazy Tosser View Post
BTW did you guys hear the most recent study in psychology that girls actually have as much mathematical (and abstract thinking etc.) potential as guys?
I guess that all those studies are just full of crap. What the hell it has to do with the gender ... people become good at things in which they put their effort.
Crazy Tosser
Jan3-09, 02:57 PM
Quote Quote by rootX View Post
I guess that all those studies are just full of crap. What the hell it has to do with the gender ... people become good at things in which they put their effort.
It was thought before that the male brain actually has more logical/mathematical/artistic potential and is overall better than the female brain. And now we find out it was a load of bull, that's right.
Cyrus
Jan3-09, 03:01 PM
P: 4,780
According to Dr. Yamaka, women have brain's the size of squirrel.
Cyrus
Jan3-09, 03:02 PM
P: 4,780
And sayings are always correct? You can easily say that people need to be similar for a relationship to work ;)
That's not a saying. Who says that? I've never heard anyone say that. How can a such a pretty girl...............have such lousy posts?
Crazy Tosser
Jan3-09, 03:22 PM
Quote Quote by cyrus View Post
how can a such a pretty girl...............have such lousy posts?
rofl!!!
LydiaAC
Jan3-09, 03:41 PM
PF Gold
P: 49
what qualities do 'nerdy' boys like in girls?
I am married to a nerdy man who said he was interested in me because he felt that "his words were landing". When I met him in a party he explained to me what it was a fractal, and I was sincerely fascinated about what he was saying.
Crazy Tosser
Jan3-09, 04:06 PM
Quote Quote by LydiaAC View Post
When I met him in a party he explained to me what it was a fractal, and I was sincerely fascinated about what he was saying.
So, what is a fractal?
MissSilvy
Jan3-09, 04:25 PM
P: 299
Quote Quote by Cyrus View Post
How can a such a pretty girl...............have such lousy posts?
I make up for my lousy, womanish opinions with my huge jugs and large fun bags :D
G01
Jan3-09, 04:37 PM
HW Helper
P: 2,688
I make up for my lousy, womanish opinions with my huge jugs and large fun bags :D
Wait a minute... are "huge jugs" and "large fun bags' referring to different pieces of female anatomy?

If so, I definitely need to date more often...

Crazy Tosser
Jan3-09, 04:40 PM
Quote Quote by G01 View Post
Wait a minute... are "huge jugs" and "large fun bags' referring to different pieces of female anatomy?

They are quantum-mechanically the same thing. But different.
Expanding on that, huge jugs have a definite position on the female body, while large fun bags are wave-like and have a tendency to blur your vision and thus their size is impossible to measure since they can take up your entire visual cortex. They both interfere with the ability to think clearly and logically and create a large vector field in your body, causing all blood to flow into the center of your pathetic nerdy existence.
Kurdt
Jan3-09, 04:41 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,981

No. She has capacious liquid dispensing utensils and extremely commodious bags of goodies for parties.
G01
Jan3-09, 04:48 PM
HW Helper
P: 2,688
Quote Quote by Kurdt View Post
No. She has capacious liquid dispensing utensils and extremely commodious bags of goodies for parties.
Oh, that clears it up then...
SticksandStones
Jan3-09, 04:58 PM
P: 104
Oh, that clears it up then...
T&A man, T&A...
Math Is Hard
Jan3-09, 05:49 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,923
Beautiful, Rich, HUGE tracts of land...
Astronuc
Jan3-09, 05:56 PM
Admin
P: 21,827
Quote Quote by Math Is Hard View Post
Sounds like Montana, Big Sky country

Reminds me of

O beautiful, for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!

or

Oh give me a home,
Where the buffalo roam,
and the dear and the antelope play.
Where seldom is heard
A discouraging word
And the skies are not cloudy all day!

Crazy Tosser
Jan3-09, 06:02 PM
Quote Quote by Math Is Hard View Post
Montypython!!!

Another way to make a nerd fall in love with you is to correctly use movie references.
Srs.

Register to reply