2 current amplifiers the same

In summary, to connect two current amplifiers and be able to switch between them, you can connect them in series using a floating current source and feedback resistors. A unity gain inverter can also be used to invert the output voltage if needed.
Stellad
Hello,

I want to connect 2 current amplifiers the same time and I want to be able to switch between them. How should I connect them? in series?

Thanks in advance,
//Stella

Engineering news on Phys.org
I attach an LTSpice circuit diagram (Fig 1) for two operational amplifiers, both simultaneously attached in series to a single floating current source. The current source is set to 1 microamp DC. Both op amps have a 100 kohm feedback resistor. The Spice DC operating point analysis (Fig 2) shows that Vout1 is +0.1 volts, and Vout2 is -0.1 volts. A unity gain inverter could be used to invert either voltage output. The feedback resistor in either op amp circuit can be changed without affecting the other circuit, unless either op amp output exceeds about +/- 10 volts.

Attachments

• CKT099.jpg
    CKT099.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 463
  • CK099_op.jpg
    CK099_op.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 442

Hello Stella,

Thank you for your question. To connect two current amplifiers, you can either connect them in series or in parallel. Connecting them in series means that the output of one amplifier is connected to the input of the other, essentially creating a chain. This will increase the overall gain of the two amplifiers. However, connecting them in parallel will allow the two amplifiers to work independently and the output will be the sum of the outputs of each amplifier.

In order to switch between the two amplifiers, you will need to use a switch or a multiplexer. This will allow you to select which amplifier's output you want to use at a given time. It is important to consider the specifications and compatibility of the amplifiers when connecting them in series or parallel, as well as the voltage and current requirements of your circuit.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

1. What is a current amplifier?

A current amplifier is a type of electronic circuit that increases the strength or magnitude of an electrical current signal. It is commonly used in electronic devices to amplify weak signals and improve their overall performance.

2. How do current amplifiers work?

Current amplifiers work by using active components such as transistors or operational amplifiers to increase the current of an input signal. They typically have a high input impedance and a low output impedance, which allows for efficient current amplification.

3. What are the benefits of using two current amplifiers?

Using two current amplifiers can provide greater amplification and improve the overall signal quality. It can also help with signal conditioning, impedance matching, and reducing noise or interference in the signal.

4. Can two current amplifiers be the same?

Yes, two current amplifiers can be the same. In fact, using identical amplifiers can help maintain signal symmetry and reduce distortion in the amplified signal. However, it is also possible to use different types of amplifiers together for specific applications.

5. Are there any drawbacks to using two current amplifiers?

One potential drawback of using two current amplifiers is the increased cost and complexity of the circuit. It also requires careful design and matching of the amplifiers to ensure proper functionality. Additionally, using two amplifiers in series can introduce additional noise and reduce the overall bandwidth of the signal.