Need hellp with comsol

by lilian
Tags: comsol, hellp
Share this thread:
lilian
Apr13-08, 05:38 AM
P: 2
Hi.

I need some help with Comsol Multiphysics. I want to know can I use this software to solve a system of ODEs only. If so, how can I do this.

Best regards.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
What lit up the universe?
Sheepdogs use just two simple rules to round up large herds of sheep
Animals first flex their muscles
lilian
Apr16-08, 06:20 AM
Hi,

please can any help me. This is important.

Thanks,

bye.
Mech_Engineer
Apr16-08, 09:40 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,241
I would say that there are better-suited programs to deal with systems of ODE's than COMSOL. I don't think its possible, but I'm not a COMSOL user.

PerennialII
Oct24-08, 10:14 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 1,102
Need hellp with comsol

Yes you can, but if your problem doesn't specifically require it would recommend something else like Matlab, Mathematica etc (shooting mosquitoes with a cannon like of a thing). If your problem fits some of the existing application modes then you can pick such, if not, use for example the PDE forms to formulate it.
P_Andrei
Mar26-09, 04:41 PM
Hello everybody
I have a problem with Comsol 3.4 installation, it doesn't run after the installation is finished.
I get the following COMSOL Error: "No class com/femlab/gui/Femlab on classpath."
I've tried to uninstall but also unsuccessful, I get the message:"EXIT FAILURE: Failed to load uninstallation components." and "Can't find comsol.opts file".
The question is whether there is a solution to uninstall the program and where the comsol.opts file has to be placed so it could be found during the uninstallation (I have the file but I don't know the directory where it should be placed)

I'll appreciate your help.

Register to reply