Need hellp with comsol

by lilian
Tags: comsol, hellp
Share this thread:
lilian
Apr13-08, 05:38 AM
P: 2
Hi.

I need some help with Comsol Multiphysics. I want to know can I use this software to solve a system of ODEs only. If so, how can I do this.

Best regards.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New model helps explain how provisions promote or reduce wildlife disease
Stress can make hard-working mongooses less likely to help in the future
Grammatical habits in written English reveal linguistic features of non-native speakers' languages
lilian
Apr16-08, 06:20 AM
Hi,

please can any help me. This is important.

Thanks,

bye.
Mech_Engineer
Apr16-08, 09:40 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,242
I would say that there are better-suited programs to deal with systems of ODE's than COMSOL. I don't think its possible, but I'm not a COMSOL user.

PerennialII
Oct24-08, 10:14 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 1,101
Need hellp with comsol

Yes you can, but if your problem doesn't specifically require it would recommend something else like Matlab, Mathematica etc (shooting mosquitoes with a cannon like of a thing). If your problem fits some of the existing application modes then you can pick such, if not, use for example the PDE forms to formulate it.
P_Andrei
Mar26-09, 04:41 PM
Hello everybody
I have a problem with Comsol 3.4 installation, it doesn't run after the installation is finished.
I get the following COMSOL Error: "No class com/femlab/gui/Femlab on classpath."
I've tried to uninstall but also unsuccessful, I get the message:"EXIT FAILURE: Failed to load uninstallation components." and "Can't find comsol.opts file".
The question is whether there is a solution to uninstall the program and where the comsol.opts file has to be placed so it could be found during the uninstallation (I have the file but I don't know the directory where it should be placed)

I'll appreciate your help.

Register to reply