by _Mayday_
Tags: photography
turbo
Apr17-09, 06:59 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
Quote Quote by ~christina~ View Post
Nice panorama, turbo
Thanks, ~~! Next time I get a clear day, I'll take the 5-minute trip over to that hill and shoot it again with manual settings and my new Manfrotto 808RC4 tripod head. I've had a really nice, heavy Bogen tripod sitting around unused for almost 20 years. I robbed the head off it to mount on a Gitzo Pro Studex that I picked up for $75 at an insurance-salvage store and sold the Gitzo when I went digital (back when digi-cams were all tiny). Finally had to spring for a real tripod head instead of messing around with jury-rigged alternatives.
matthyaouw
Apr18-09, 02:18 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,215
Quote Quote by Ms Music View Post
Larkspur, I did take the picture the other day under the exact same lighting conditions, but in RAW, and the flowers still turned out very very bright blue. I will post if you want to look at the numbers, but so far I keep forgetting to upload the picture.
Did you change the white balance later? I think most Raw files appear with the white balance set to some default level, but allow you to edit it later.
~christina~
Apr19-09, 02:44 AM
PF Gold
P: 820
Quote Quote by turbo-1 View Post
Thanks, ~~! Next time I get a clear day, I'll take the 5-minute trip over to that hill and shoot it again with manual settings and my new Manfrotto 808RC4 tripod head. I've had a really nice, heavy Bogen tripod sitting around unused for almost 20 years. I robbed the head off it to mount on a Gitzo Pro Studex that I picked up for $75 at an insurance-salvage store and sold the Gitzo when I went digital (back when digi-cams were all tiny). Finally had to spring for a real tripod head instead of messing around with jury-rigged alternatives.
Your lucky to have such a view after just taking a 5 min trip. I think you should try making a HDR shot. It would be great.

Interesting, I got a tripod for Christmas, and want to use it to take pictures of a sunset.
I haven't use it yet because it would look pretty funny to see me at the zoo, carrying a large tripod around as I'm not too tall. People already gave me funny looks when they saw me with a 300mm lens on my camera...imagine tripod too? lol
Andre
Apr20-09, 01:13 PM
PF Gold
P: 5,450
A random castle from a 'frog perspective' to make it more interesting. But on the belly again.

Anybody care naming the landmark?
Ms Music
Apr20-09, 06:08 PM
P: 173
Quote Quote by matthyaouw View Post
Did you change the white balance later? I think most Raw files appear with the white balance set to some default level, but allow you to edit it later.
I will have to sit down with my book to figure out how to edit the WB. I'll see if I can here soon, as the flowers are starting to get REALLY sad looking if I need to take more pics. My daughter also found a bunch of purple stuff (crayons, markers, a flower, etc) and the pic of even those came out blue. I thought it might be the flowers, but its like my camera can't see the color purple.

Lovely castle Andre. I'd love to go to Europe some day and see castles.
Borek
Apr22-09, 02:45 PM
Admin
P: 22,666
I have found this guy accidentally.

http://www.panoramio.com/user/109117

As someone said about Larkspur - I would like to live in the world as he sees it.
~christina~
Apr24-09, 06:43 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Andre View Post
A random castle from a 'frog perspective' to make it more interesting. But on the belly again.
Wow, I love the bridge there. Nice castle, dirty moat.
Andre
Apr25-09, 05:11 AM
PF Gold
Wow, I love the bridge there. Nice castle, dirty moat.
Thanks, ~Christina~ about the moat, it's in the eye of the beholder. Actually the water is clear and there is no trace of pollution. What you see is a body of floating water plants, holding an abundance of life.
Borek
May1-09, 05:28 PM
Admin
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
I can try to prepare a panorama from my roof one day, but it will be boring flat and full of boring flats
OK, so I went up the roof, took the pictures and stiched them:

http://www.bpp.com.pl/IMG/panorama_z_dachu.jpg

Beware - it is wiiiiiiiiiide

It is around sunset, taken at ISO 1600, thus noisy.
hypatia
May1-09, 06:14 PM
P: 1,296
Nice birds eye view. Matching up the roof top shingles, will be next to impossible.
turbo
May1-09, 06:16 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
It IS wiiiide! and flat with lots of flats.
Borek
May2-09, 03:10 AM
Admin
When we moved here in 2000 half of the buildings that surround us now didn't exist. These yellow ones with blue roofs, these 'high' with red roofs and buildings on the far right (with a high chimney behind) were all build since.
~christina~
May2-09, 03:41 AM
PF Gold
Thanks, ~Christina~ about the moat, it's in the eye of the beholder. Actually the water is clear and there is no trace of pollution. What you see is a body of floating water plants, holding an abundance of life.
Ah okay. Let me rephrase that sentence. There's alot of algae in the water.
But then again, you'd think they'd clean that plant life up when they can afford to own a castle...
Andre
May2-09, 06:50 AM
PF Gold
Ah okay. Let me rephrase that sentence. There's alot of algae in the water.
But then again, you'd think they'd clean that plant life up when they can afford to own a castle...
It's not algea but a variety of water plants. The water is clear

But would you really want to destroy this little critters biotope?

(image Wikipedia)
chroot
May4-09, 11:41 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 10,424
Andre's... critter... sure is a hard act to follow, but, uh, please allow me to introduce my girlfriend, Jessica.

- Warren
Borek
May5-09, 02:27 AM
Admin
Cute critter
Andre
May8-09, 12:17 PM
PF Gold
Tried a panorama too. The light was nice after the heavy rain / cold front passed. Close to 180 degrees from the south window. The right frame is not nicely fitting despite locking all settings for all the frames.

lisab
May9-09, 01:37 PM
Mentor
P: 2,914
Tried a panorama too. The light was nice after the heavy rain / cold front passed. Close to 180 degrees from the south window. The right frame is not nicely fitting despite locking all settings for all the frames.

Wow, that's a really striking shot! The tracks make a nice frame. Did the software come with the camera?

Register to reply