Application for statistics and probability

by learningisfun
Tags: application, probability, statistics
Share this thread:
learningisfun
Jul15-09, 10:23 AM
P: 22
HI
I'm not to sure where to place this post.
I'm looking for a computer application where I could plug values in to get charts , bar graphs pie charts etc. I do not have very much experience in this field , but I want to play around. If you guys know of any great programs that can produce this that would be great?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Suddenly, the sun is eerily quiet: Where did the sunspots go?
'Moral victories' might spare you from losing again
Mammoth and mastodon behavior was less roam, more stay at home
Kronos5253
Jul15-09, 10:57 AM
P: 111
Microsoft word might work
learningisfun
Jul15-09, 11:44 AM
P: 22
oh thanks for moving the post, I will look around here

maverick_starstrider
Jul24-09, 03:30 AM
P: 1,165
Application for statistics and probability

This all seems like something you could do with Excel. However, the stastical analysis program of choice is R. (just the letter).
MATLABdude
Jul25-09, 02:38 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,724
MATLAB?

Actually, given your requirements, you should probably just use Excel (or the OpenOffice equivalent, Calc), or Numbers (if you have a Mac and don't have Excel or Calc), as maverick_starstrider suggests.

EDIT: And especially don't go around commissioning wheel-reinventing software as one of the above posters suggests.

EDIT2: If you don't have MS Office, here're links to the free and open-source OpenOffice, and a tutorial for CALC (I think 'Charting Data' is in the first tutorial):
http://www.openoffice.org/
http://www.tutorialsforopenoffice.or...readsheet.html

Register to reply