Register to reply

PF Random Thoughts

by protonchain
Tags: random
Share this thread:
protonchain
Sep17-09, 02:08 PM
P: 97
So this is taken from another forum that I frequent.

Basically just post any random old thought that you might be feeling.

This way you don't have to start a whole new topic just to say "Damn it's cloudy out today".

If you guys don't approve of the thread, then by all means please do lock it and please accept my apologies.

Otherwise randomize away!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
Borek
Sep17-09, 02:18 PM
Admin
P: 23,591
I am cold and I am sneezing. I feel like a wet rag lying in the corner of the dirty backyard.
tchitt
Sep17-09, 02:21 PM
P: 23
I'm noticing that EVERYONE seems to be ill at the moment. I'm also hoping this odd lump that appeared in my neck over the past 24 hours isn't a swollen lymph node. :(

Ben Niehoff
Sep17-09, 02:39 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,594
PF Random Thoughts

I for one am not ill. I am invincible!
lisab
Sep17-09, 02:58 PM
Mentor
P: 2,990
I procrastinated about buying new dispoosable gloves for my lab, now I'm almost out. So instead throwing them away if I won't be needing them for a while, I keep them on, even for making phone calls or using the computer.

My hands are hot.
Monique
Sep17-09, 03:36 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
Why, just take them out (or you might as well not wear them, if you're sitting at the computer with them). There is a technique where you swirl the glove around the top axis that causes air to be trapped inside the glove, now if you gently push on it and all the fingers will pop out so that you can put it on again like it's new
hypatia
Sep17-09, 03:45 PM
P: 1,298
Who is Karen Neimer, and why do I have her coffee cup?
Jimmy Snyder
Sep17-09, 04:27 PM
P: 2,179
It's my wife's birthday today. We're going to go out with the kids and eat Korean BBQ.
George Jones
Sep17-09, 04:39 PM
Mentor
P: 6,246
I am at the West Side library waiting for the start of the first meeting of The Mystery Book Club after its annual summer hiatus.
humanino
Sep17-09, 07:03 PM
P: 2,828
Nobody cares about German elections !?
lisab
Sep17-09, 07:17 PM
Mentor
P: 2,990
I like this thread...it's like a bunch of PF tweets.
Borg
Sep17-09, 07:36 PM
PF Gold
P: 771
I've been thinking of changing projects at work for a couple of years now. A recent funding cut is now forcing me to do it. Indecision is no longer an option.
edward
Sep17-09, 09:06 PM
PF Gold
P: 876
Silent movies for kids
Huckleberry
Sep17-09, 09:29 PM
P: 606
A mysterious rash appeared on the back of my hand a few days ago. I could have been abducted by aliens.
Pengwuino
Sep17-09, 09:29 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,120
Why do my socks disappear so easily.

My organizer for my labs isnt manly enough for me.

Should I get more dinner?

Do i have clothes for tomorrow?

Man everyone IS getting sick! I have a friend who says she doesnt get sick, she "only get the symptoms".....

My rooms getting messy, I should clean up around here.

Yes these are all my thoughts in the last minute or so.
turbo
Sep17-09, 09:38 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
I moved a huge rock with my tractor today. I don't have quite enough lift capacity to pick it up, but I have enough roll-back force with the hydraulics and bucket to pick it up that way (with a chain) and set it down on my front lawn. Luckily, I have a couple of neighbors with REALLY big tractors, so one of them can place it where my wife wants it. I pray it doesn't have to be moved again. (Wouldn't that look better over there?) It's well over a ton, so even though I could drag it around pretty easily it wouldn't be "lawn-neutral".
humanino
Sep17-09, 09:57 PM
P: 2,828
Could turbo-1 make a rock so huge that he could not lift it ?

If the rock would prevent access to his mailbox, should he still pay the bills ?

They say "bill" comes from the french (ok, latin) for "bubble" by analogy with a "seal". Who makes that stuff up ?
turbo
Sep17-09, 10:09 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by humanino View Post
If the rock would prevent access to his mailbox, should he still pay the bills ?
I could get the rock over there easily. Might be a good strategy to reduce bills. It would also keep the snow-plow drivers from zooming through and burying the mailbox, though we might lose a few plow-drivers until they caught on.

Register to reply