PF Random Thoughts

by protonchain
Tags: random
turbo
Sep18-09, 02:42 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,367
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
I wonder why my laptop beeps every now and again.
It's code.

I cut the labels out of my shirts. I tell my wife it's because they chafe my neck, but if I am picked up by a fishing boat in the Mediterranean, I intend to go to Zurich to see if I have a safe-deposit box full of money and passports.
Kronos5253
Sep18-09, 02:45 PM
P: 111
I just watched a guy get interviewed twice in the past 2 days for a Sales Rep position that my Store Manager knows I want and need for the money..

Should I apply to a different store for the position?
Huckleberry
Sep18-09, 03:09 PM
P: 606
Quote Quote by turbo-1 View Post
It's code.

I cut the labels out of my shirts. I tell my wife it's because they chafe my neck, but if I am picked up by a fishing boat in the Mediterranean, I intend to go to Zurich to see if I have a safe-deposit box full of money and passports.
The third Bourne movie uses the same script as the second Bourne movie, but they put a fancy new cover on it to hide all the recognizable coffee stains.

Cyndi Lauper is way cooler than Madonna.
Ivan Seeking
Sep18-09, 03:32 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,493
No! I don't want to go to Alabama. Thank God I don't need the work.

Donate to one of the wealthier school districts in the country? Funny!!! I don't think so. If you ask me, when the median income of a community is probably $300K-500K, it takes a lot of nerve to beg for money for the school.

Approved, approved, approved. Yippie!!!
turbo
Sep18-09, 05:50 PM
PF Gold
My wife and I donate to selected charities. We are continually swamped with appeals for money, accompanied by address stickers, note-pads, calendars, etc. Wouldn't it be better to use the money to help the charities instead of paying for all that printing and postage?

I'd donate more if the charities promised to take the money, send no crap, and forget that I exist (NOT sell my name to other charities).
Kronos5253
Sep18-09, 05:58 PM
P: 111
My wife and I donate to selected charities. We are continually swamped with appeals for money, accompanied by address stickers, note-pads, calendars, etc. Wouldn't it be better to use the money to help the charities instead of paying for all that printing and postage?

I'd donate more if the charities promised to take the money, send no crap, and forget that I exist (NOT sell my name to other charities).
Well that's a novel concept...
honestrosewater
Sep18-09, 06:42 PM
PF Gold
P: 2,330
How could anyone hate newegg?
Math Is Hard
Sep18-09, 06:56 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,921
Last night I dreamed I crawled into a giant conch shell and took a nap.
Moonbear
Sep18-09, 07:12 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257

All that crap puts them on my "never donate to that charity again" list. It's the same with the United Way. They run a campaign on campus every year. I think that every linear foot of the building has a sign of some sort posted advertising the campaign, and I think the same thing...if they used all that money they waste on advertising on the actual charities they supposedly support, they probably wouldn't need to beg for more money every year.
protonchain
Sep18-09, 07:25 PM
P: 97
Quote Quote by honestrosewater View Post
It was my first experience with them. I've always bought from Amazon and I should have bought these headphones from them in the first place, but I decided to go for it.

It was $64. I had over $1000 in my checking at the time, after shoveling the majority into savings, so I was clear with having the physical amount of money.

I saw they were in stock, purchased them, they charged me, and no problems.

Usually they should take like a day or 2 to process and then ship it out.

That day turned into 6 days, and my thing was still sitting at "charged".

I had talked to over 8 customer service reps who didn't help. One of whom was very rude (Name is Darlene if you ever deal with her on live chat).

Finally today I found out they effed it up and they had backordered the item. It was actually out-of-stock.

I called customer service and verified I would be refunded and they said yes.

Then after I hang up, I got another call from some random customer service agent, informing me that my stuff was out of stock. I said yes I know I got the email, and I should be refunded.

She then starts insisting that my credit card was declined.

No you dumbo, read your stupid monitor properly, my card was charged. I didn't say that, I was very polite and after 5 minutes of persisting she realized she was saying the wrong thing, and that indeed I would be refunded.

Then I get 3 emails from another customer service rep saying the same thing.

And on top of all this I'm getting surveys for the performance for each one of these guys.

Yeah I hate newegg. This was my first experience with them and it was terrible. I'll probably try them again maybe in a few months or more, but definitely not going to reorder the damn headphones from them.

In fact I ordered them from amazon, and before I even purchased it I called up customer service, told them about the issue, and made them guarantee that the item was in stock. He said it was and that he would follow up with me on Monday and make sure everything was ok. I fully appreciate that and I've never had problems with amazon and never had to call their customer service so I hold them to the highest pedestal and hope everything goes well.

I know this rant has gone on long enough but I had to vent, and I didn't want it to seem like I had an unfounded hatred for something that's prided and touted as a great website (newegg).

Addendum: I waited 6 days for Newegg to tell me my item was not in-stock. I ordered from Amazon this morning at 10:30. It's 5:45 pm and they've just sent an email saying its shipped.

Newegg sucks.
honestrosewater
Sep18-09, 07:55 PM
PF Gold
P: 2,330
Maybe their customer service system sucks because they hardly ever screw up, so it never gets used. Ay? No?
turbo
Sep18-09, 07:58 PM
PF Gold
Maybe their customer service system sucks because they hardly ever screw up, so it never gets used. Ay? No?
Nope! Customer service needs to be used in every business, even it they are great at it. The extra effort comes back as more business and customer trust.
lisab
Sep18-09, 08:01 PM
Mentor
P: 2,915
My dog stinks, even after he gets a bath.
turbo
Sep18-09, 08:04 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
My dog stinks, even after he gets a bath.
Dogs have glands (like humans) that are not so PC and suppresed. All good.
Moonbear
Sep18-09, 08:21 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257
I really haven't been impressed with them either. Their product descriptions haven't been accurate in my experience, saying things were compatible with various OS's that they aren't compatible with. I think their prices are cheap because what they sell is cheap. I won't buy anything from them anymore.
Ivan Seeking
Sep18-09, 08:42 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Irony: WebMD is now a magazine.

What happened; did some old geezer revolt and fire up the printing presses?
Ivan Seeking
Sep18-09, 08:44 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Wow! Twenty motorcycles were involved in an accident on the I-5 this afternoon. That must be a new record for the most motorcycles involved in a single accident event.

Last night I dreamed I was a giant conch and someone had my bed.
lisab
Sep18-09, 09:08 PM
Mentor
P: 2,915
Last night I had a dream that I was giving a speech to a small group of people, and the room was large but all the people were at the back of the room.

Register to reply