PF Random Thoughts

by protonchain
Tags: random
Share this thread:
Ithina
Sep20-09, 09:16 PM
P: 1
OMG!! That's such an awesomely cute mouse ^_^

I am so turning my rat blue.. I wonder where I can get the blue stuffs so I'm not injecting evil food extras into her--oooo, I know, I'm going to go look at the boxed food dye/colouring. Sweet =).

I'm not evil, am I?

EDIT:

Quote Quote by Office_Shredder View Post
I could never do research like that. Seriously, someone's job is to drop weights onto rats for the purpose of paralyzing them. I know it's good for mankind and all, but.... I just shudder at that
I couldn't do that either. =(
turbo
Sep20-09, 09:29 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Guess I'll pull the string-beans tomorrow and compost the plants. Soon, it will be time to pull the cukes and peppers. Tomatoes can handle a pretty good frost, so they'll stay in the ground 'til the bitter end. I hate giving up the ingredients for fresh salsas!
Borek
Sep21-09, 02:33 AM
Admin
P: 23,719
OK, for now fan stopped on its own. Perhaps some vacuum cleaning will help, but that's planned for later hours today.
Kronos5253
Sep21-09, 10:32 AM
P: 111
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
OK, for now fan stopped on its own. Perhaps some vacuum cleaning will help, but that's planned for later hours today.
Check and see if a wire is sitting against the fan?
lisab
Sep21-09, 12:39 PM
Mentor
P: 3,008
I've been trying to contact my doctor's office all morning...I keep getting the "thanks for holding, we'll be with you shortly" message. Very unusual, I wonder what's going on.
Ivan Seeking
Sep21-09, 01:25 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,501
One project, three departments, and everyone wants something different.

Scope drift, scope drift, scope drift...

My new weedeater kicks butt!!! I can probably work about four times faster than with my old one.

What is eating the catfood in my office?!?!?! I think I have a coon.
turbo
Sep21-09, 01:28 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Make up hand-outs for project meetings:

Good
Cheap
Fast

"Pick any two"
Ivan Seeking
Sep21-09, 01:30 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by turbo-1 View Post
Good
Cheap
Fast

"Pick any two"
Sounds like some dates that I had in the old days.
Borek
Sep21-09, 02:10 PM
Admin
Quote Quote by Kronos5253 View Post
Check and see if a wire is sitting against the fan?
Thanks for the advice - but it is not. I know these tricks fans play on us, I am fighting them since late eighties
Borek
Sep21-09, 02:12 PM
Admin
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
I've been trying to contact my doctor's office all morning...I keep getting the "thanks for holding, we'll be with you shortly" message. Very unusual, I wonder what's going on.
Flu?

Marzena is trying to find an eye doctor. You don't want to be ill in Poland.
lisab
Sep23-09, 07:52 PM
Mentor
Drove nearly 3 hours this morning to a conference, sat all day trying to stay awake, my throat getting more sore by the hour (I'm not sick, I'm not sick!). But now I'm in my hotel room...it's quiet, and I have free internet (yay!).

Cheap hotels tend to be the ones that have free wifi. (Well $109 for a night may not be cheap to some people I guess.)
lisab
Sep23-09, 08:42 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Hansol View Post
THAT is Expensive!
Lol, I knew someone would say that...but as a woman traveling alone, it's not wise for me to stay in some flea-bag $49-per-night armpit.
TheStatutoryApe
Sep23-09, 09:19 PM
P: 1,550
Lol, I knew someone would say that...but as a woman traveling alone, it's not wise for me to stay in some flea-bag $49-per-night armpit.
There are ones that cost $60 or $80. I have gotten free wifi in most that only cost about $60.
Office_Shredder
Sep23-09, 09:35 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,500
Why is Microsoft Works superior to Office 2007? It's like they took everything that was good about Microsoft Office, and threw it in the trash for Works to claim. Then they stole Office 2007 from some crazy coked up hippy who won't shut up about how you "can't, like, own a pulldown menu man"
Huckleberry
Sep23-09, 11:31 PM
P: 606
I wonder if people will get bored of posting random thoughts or if this thread will go on forever, and if so would it make it into the GD classics. I might just cry.
Sakha
Sep23-09, 11:49 PM
P: 295
Quote Quote by Huckleberry View Post
I wonder if people will get bored of posting random thoughts or if this thread will go on forever, and if so would it make it into the GD classics. I might just cry.
Over 2 hours writing a paper, computer magically crashes, the hard drive starts spinning fast, making a sound that made me think it could just explode, turn off, and now after 15 minutes it won't turn on again.

Now I want to cry.
TheStatutoryApe
Sep24-09, 12:07 AM
P: 1,550
Quote Quote by Huckleberry View Post
We just don't have threads like the Tiki Lounge and Thread Killer Champions threads anymore.
Ivan Seeking
Sep24-09, 01:40 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Even hotels costing well over $100 per night can be a bit ratty. What gets me though is that in most major cities, for a $300 room, the only real difference is found in the hotel lobby. The rooms are barely any nicer than hotels costing half as much.

One of my worst experiences was in a Hampton Inn. They had a new chef who used old shrimp in the salad... Boy was I sick!

Many years ago, while on a very strict budget, I stayed at what looked like a very nice but inexpensive motel in a rather seedy part of town. The first thing that I noticed was the unusually large selection of adult movies. I mean the guest book thingy listed dozens of dirty movies. WTF, thought I. Later that evening, I noticed that a rather large number of very nice cars were parked in the parking lot. Then I started to notice the color scheme of the motel - soft pastels.

I finally realized that I would be the only person in that motel sleeping alone that night.

Register to reply