Help, I've fallen for an astrophysicst!

by Klute
Tags: astrophysicst, fallen
Share this thread:
DanP
Nov25-09, 12:44 PM
P: 630
Quote Quote by Moonbear View Post
It's not their fault. They really do try, but they're just missing that gene.
We are missing loads of genes. For example, the genes who gives you the patience to storm stores for 3 hours searching for a dress, then cross back in the opposite side of the city to the first store, and buy the very first dress you tried in the that day.

But we are cute and considerate and pay for the dress, so we really do deserve a break for our efforts :P
jtbell
Nov25-09, 01:01 PM
Mentor
P: 11,602
Quote Quote by DanP View Post
We are missing loads of genes.
We do have a few extra ones, for example the TV-sports gene. Or the one for what Dave Barry called Male Genetic Dirt Blindness syndrome.
DanP
Nov25-09, 01:09 PM
Quote Quote by jtbell View Post
We do have a few extra ones, for example the TV-sports gene. Or the one for what Dave Barry called Male Genetic Dirt Blindness syndrome.
I agree. And I also blame male inability to solve the Toilet Seat Cover problem to genes.
Moonbear
Nov25-09, 02:33 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,271
We are missing loads of genes. For example, the genes who gives you the patience to storm stores for 3 hours searching for a dress, then cross back in the opposite side of the city to the first store, and buy the very first dress you tried in the that day.

But we are cute and considerate and pay for the dress, so we really do deserve a break for our efforts :P
Even I'm missing that gene. I think my sister got a double dose though! That is one thing my boyfriend and I get along VERY well about...neither of us "shops." We BUY. In other words, we don't go to a store unless we know exactly what we are going for, head straight to that department, buy it, and get out. None of that running all over town looking for a bargain while spending twice as much in gas for the few dollars difference in cost between the first and last store.

Surprisingly, I'm the one with more tolerance for dirt and clutter than my boyfriend. Then again, we differ on cleaning approaches. I sort of go for the whirlwind of cleaning once a month approach, while he goes for the hire a housekeeper approach. I'm a bit torn on the housekeeper idea. While I LOVE the idea of someone else doing the cleaning for me, I'm not so in love with the idea of going on a scavenger hunt for my own belongings after the housekeeper has put things away. He does know how to clean, and does leave the seat down. Though, then I'd drive him mad by also always putting the lid down. Having a cat who likes to drink from the toilet rather than her water dish has changed my perspective a bit. Currently, I just leave the lid up, but when she was in that stage when she'd dunk her toys in the toilet water and splash the seat while retrieving them, for a while I was the one who left the seat up just so it wouldn't be sopping wet with toilet water when I needed it. I think that may be the only reason he likes my cat.

I'm laughing at the whole "paying for the dress" part. It's been a while since my boyfriend has bought me anything. The last time he bought me something was over a year ago when he sent me flowers because I got a new job (same university, new department). I honestly don't mind, because our relationship isn't built on buying stuff for one another. But, just this week, we were talking about vacations and lifestyles, and spending habits, and amidst all of it, I commented that it would be nice to be spoiled with first class tickets to go some place warm and tropical for vacation (he ALWAYS travels first class...mostly because he always has enough frequent flyer miles with his business travel for it). He said I didn't like being spoiled so he didn't do it. I about died laughing. Whenever he does something nice, I thank him and tell him he doesn't HAVE to do that for me. And, it's true, it's not something I expect or demand. But, I had to explain to him that I certainly don't MIND if he does nice things for me, and I certainly do LIKE it when he spoils me, I just would never be so superficial as to expect it or demand it or require it. I mean, really, who doesn't enjoy being spoiled rotten by their significant other?
DaveC426913
Nov25-09, 03:18 PM
P: 15,319
They really do try, but they're just missing that gene.
We are missing loads of genes.
We used to have these genes. Those genes were where communication, manners and sensitivity were encoded.

But after Grok and Thag had one too many drunken falls from the Stegosaur, that chromosome got a corner busted off. Now it looks like a Y.
DanP
Nov25-09, 03:39 PM
Surprisingly, I'm the one with more tolerance for dirt and clutter than my boyfriend. Then again, we differ on cleaning approaches. I sort of go for the whirlwind of cleaning once a month approach, while he goes for the hire a housekeeper approach.
My mother use to take the housekeeper approach. She jokingly instructed me that if I hire hands for housekeeping work Ill better make sure they have a degree, or else Ill end up with dirt hidden under the bed and so on, you got the idea. I guess her cleaning lady never loved her too much, she was better than an army drillmaster in finding even trace amounts of dirt left uncleaned. I mostly take your approach to cleaning, but I do hire a cook. I never have too much mood to waste time with cooking, and I find the restaurant food pretty much unsavory. My girlfriend wouldn't touch the stove with a three meters pole.

Having a cat who likes to drink from the toilet rather than her water dish has changed my perspective a bit.
This explain why that furry cutie in your avatar wields a gun shooting through the window at ppl in the streets. Must be something in the water

Whenever he does something nice, I thank him and tell him he doesn't HAVE to do that for me. And, it's true, it's not something I expect or demand. But, I had to explain to him that I certainly don't MIND if he does nice things for me, and I certainly do LIKE it when he spoils me, I just would never be so superficial as to expect it or demand it or require it. I mean, really, who doesn't enjoy being spoiled rotten by their significant other?
I used to be the same. Several years ago we had an event important to the both of us, we where a bit tight on the money and with a lot of expenses, so we decided we wont buy gifts for each other. Guess what, I didnt buy anything and she made me a pretty considerate gift. You can imagine how I felt :P I started somehow slowly understanding that "you don't have too" doesn't mean she doesn't really enjoy gifts :P
DanP
Nov25-09, 03:39 PM
Quote Quote by DaveC426913 View Post
But after Grok and Thag had one too many drunken falls from the Stegosaur, that chromosome got a corner busted off. Now it looks like a Y.
And doesn't the Y feel damn good ?
Hurkyl
Nov25-09, 03:52 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 16,099
Even I'm missing that gene. I think my sister got a double dose though! That is one thing my boyfriend and I get along VERY well about...neither of us "shops."
The comic freefall has a half-dozen or so strips on the issue. It's an amusing read.

Start here.
Moonbear
Nov25-09, 04:19 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,271
Quote Quote by Hurkyl View Post
The comic freefall has a half-dozen or so strips on the issue. It's an amusing read.

Start here.
Those are great! I really like the one that says, "Great! You just gave an engineer a problem that can't be solved with duct tape. Now we're going to be stuck here all day."
turbo
Nov25-09, 04:30 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Every time I see the title of this thread, I want to add "and I can't get up!"
Borek
Nov25-09, 05:08 PM
Admin
P: 23,363
Those are great! I really like the one that says, "Great! You just gave an engineer a problem that can't be solved with duct tape. Now we're going to be stuck here all day."
There are probolems that can't be solved with duct tape?

Ah, you mean those that require WD40?
kramer733
Dec21-09, 03:56 PM
P: 334
Ok here for the love of god. DO NOT ASK HIM OUT. THIS IS THE DUMBEST THING TO DO. I don't care who you are but you are seriously taking away his manliness. Give him alot of IOI (indicators of interests)

Here's a list of IOI you can do with him

http://www.pick-up-artist-forum.com/...s-vt36387.html

If he still isn't biting, give up because a real man would see these IOI and ask you out already unless he's just generally not interested in you.

ASK HIM OUT TO GO CLUBBING WITH YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS. Then atleast become intimate there. Get drinks

Honestly if you really have fallen in love with this astrophysicist, have sex with 12 guys and if you still want the astrophysicist, then proceed and get him.
Dembadon
Dec21-09, 04:06 PM
PF Gold
P: 641
Quote Quote by kramer733 View Post
Ok here for the love of god. DO NOT ASK HIM OUT. THIS IS THE DUMBEST THING TO DO. I don't care who you are but you are seriously taking away his manliness. Give him alot of IOI (indicators of interests)
I don't understand how asking him out would take away his "manliness".

If he still isn't biting, give up because a real man would see these IOI and ask you out already unless he's just generally not interested in you.
Are real men not shy?

ASK HIM OUT TO GO CLUBBING WITH YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS. Then atleast become intimate there. Get drinks
How do you get intimate in a club?

Honestly if you really have fallen in love with this astrophysicist, have sex with 12 guys and if you still want the astrophysicist, then proceed and get him.
Is this a serious suggestion?
kramer733
Dec21-09, 04:51 PM
P: 334
Quote Quote by Dembadon View Post
I don't understand how asking him out would take away his "manliness".

Because the men are supposed to ask the women to date. You never see this happen. It just does. This coming from my cousins (25+ years old) and my brazilian jiu jitsu instructor. It just doesn't make you manly.

Are real men not shy?

Real men have confidence and an incredible amount of mental strength to overcome anything. This in my opinion is what defines a man.

How do you get intimate in a club?

.. Have you never been in a club before? One thing leads into another and before you know it, you're in bed. He can call you back if he's interested. He'd have already broken the ice so it won't be as bad.

Is this a serious suggestion?
Yes. I'm quite serious. Read the book "the game" by neil strauss.

USE THE INDICATORS OF INTERESTS.
Evo
Dec21-09, 05:00 PM
Mentor
P: 26,426

Here's a list of IOI you can do with him

http://www.pick-up-artist-forum.com/...s-vt36387.html

That has to be the worst advice I've ever seen
turbo
Dec21-09, 05:11 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Is kramer a Cyrus sock-puppet?
dlgoff
Dec21-09, 05:53 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,701
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
OMG And you just had that procedure. God help him/her.
turbo
Dec21-09, 06:03 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by dlgoff View Post
OMG And you just had that procedure. God help him/her.
Which procedure? Sex with 12 guys?

Register to reply