Register to reply

Photon structure - light decyphering

by Victor
Tags: decyphering, light, photon, structure
Share this thread:
Victor
May10-03, 05:16 PM
P: n/a
Interested on someone furthering information on basic photon structure. Intended for use towards interstellar light decyphering. If any questions, I will gladly answer them.

Million thanks,
Victor J. Kairé S.
vjkaires13@hotmail.com
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Engineers develop new sensor to detect tiny individual nanoparticles
Tiny particles have big potential in debate over nuclear proliferation
Ray tracing and beyond
MrCaN
May10-03, 11:30 PM
P: 80
Ok, not sure on the nature of your post, but the photon is an elementry structure, so its not made up of anything.
Alexander
May11-03, 01:44 PM
There are no "elementary" particles. We call them so because as of today we don't know their structure yet.

All we know they all are a quantum wavebunch interacting with each other certain way. But one day we may learn about their structure whether it is string(s), or state(s) of vacuum, or space-time topology unit(s), etc.

damgo
May11-03, 06:39 PM
Photon structure - light decyphering

You can find some info about the hadronic 'structure' of the photon -- eg what distribution of quarks it tends to switch into via second-order interactions -- by googling 'photon structure functions.' Probably not what you wanted, though.
Victor
May12-03, 10:46 AM
damgo,

Thank you for your reply, I will go googling, see what I find. On probably it is not what I wanted, you never know, one thing may take to another. Again, many thanks.

Sincerely yours,
Victor J. Kairé S.
vjkaires13@hotmail.com
Victor
May12-03, 10:51 AM
Alexander,

Thank you for your reply. Is there anyone at the time, that you may know of, that is dealing with investigations on the matter of photon structure, that I may aproach?

Sincerely yours,
Victor J. Kairé S.
vjkaires13@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Alexander
There are no "elementary" particles. We call them so because as of today we don't know their structure yet.

All we know they all are a quantum wavebunch interacting with each other certain way. But one day we may learn about their structure whether it is string(s), or state(s) of vacuum, or space-time topology unit(s), etc.

Register to reply