Register to reply

Photon structure - light decyphering

by Victor
Tags: decyphering, light, photon, structure
Share this thread:
Victor
May10-03, 05:16 PM
P: n/a
Interested on someone furthering information on basic photon structure. Intended for use towards interstellar light decyphering. If any questions, I will gladly answer them.

Million thanks,
Victor J. Kairé S.
vjkaires13@hotmail.com
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Optimum inertial self-propulsion design for snowman-like nanorobot
The Quantum Cheshire Cat: Can neutrons be located at a different place than their own spin?
A transistor-like amplifier for single photons
MrCaN
May10-03, 11:30 PM
P: 80
Ok, not sure on the nature of your post, but the photon is an elementry structure, so its not made up of anything.
Alexander
May11-03, 01:44 PM
There are no "elementary" particles. We call them so because as of today we don't know their structure yet.

All we know they all are a quantum wavebunch interacting with each other certain way. But one day we may learn about their structure whether it is string(s), or state(s) of vacuum, or space-time topology unit(s), etc.

damgo
May11-03, 06:39 PM
Photon structure - light decyphering

You can find some info about the hadronic 'structure' of the photon -- eg what distribution of quarks it tends to switch into via second-order interactions -- by googling 'photon structure functions.' Probably not what you wanted, though.
Victor
May12-03, 10:46 AM
damgo,

Thank you for your reply, I will go googling, see what I find. On probably it is not what I wanted, you never know, one thing may take to another. Again, many thanks.

Sincerely yours,
Victor J. Kairé S.
vjkaires13@hotmail.com
Victor
May12-03, 10:51 AM
Alexander,

Thank you for your reply. Is there anyone at the time, that you may know of, that is dealing with investigations on the matter of photon structure, that I may aproach?

Sincerely yours,
Victor J. Kairé S.
vjkaires13@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Alexander
There are no "elementary" particles. We call them so because as of today we don't know their structure yet.

All we know they all are a quantum wavebunch interacting with each other certain way. But one day we may learn about their structure whether it is string(s), or state(s) of vacuum, or space-time topology unit(s), etc.

Register to reply