Tags: falling, feels, love
Evo
Aug29-07, 10:38 AM
Mentor
P: 25,965
Quote Quote by rewebster View Post
WHAT?????

(he's a lucky dog to have you!--

---and little dogs live longer--fruitbat?--what is it?-a terrier?)

(evo-you may want to clear some messages again--download them if you want to save them)

(listen to that song I linked on that other post a few more times)
The Fruitbat is a Japanese Chin. And he doesn't love me, he tolerates me as long as I feed him and scratch his rear end. That sounds like a husband, doesn't it? He has a quite an attitude for such a tiny thing.

I cleared my pm box out.
rewebster
Aug29-07, 11:43 AM
P: 880
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
The Fruitbat is a Japanese Chin. And he doesn't love me, he tolerates me as long as I feed him and scratch his rear end. That sounds like a husband, doesn't it? He has a quite an attitude for such a tiny thing.

I cleared my pm box out.
hmm--I don't know---I kind of like it behind my ears

They look like Pek's---what are some of the differences? and when does it look like a fruitbat?

(I had better PM you in the next few minutes before your pm box gets filled again (what is that, mentors get 150?)
Evo
Aug29-07, 12:54 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by rewebster View Post
hmm--I don't know---I kind of like it behind my ears.

They look like Pek's---what are some of the differences? and when does it look like a fruitbat?
I'm not sure what the differences are, my daughter would know. They're supposed to be perfect companion dogs. I call him the fruitbat because he will pass over a piece of meat for fresh fruit.
Danger
Aug29-07, 01:53 PM
PF Gold
P: 8,961
I'm just looking for someone that can tolerate me.
If you'd moved up here before I met W, I would have tolerated you to such an extent that you would have taken out a restraining order.
Astronuc
Aug30-07, 06:09 AM
Admin
P: 21,637
Being in love means to maintain an abiding affection for the other.

Loving someone means, among other things, wanting the best for that someone, whether the relationship is a friendship or more intimate relationship such as a marriage or other committed relationship.

A husband and wife should have a mutually supportive relationship, being each other's best friend even, and such a relationship should be one of mutual affection, based on mutual trust, respect, admiration, and other positive attributes.

Mutual tolerance does not make for a good or satisfactory relationship, and would seem contrary to the purpose of being involved within an intimate relationship. Being involved in a relationship in which one loves another only to be tolerated by the other would seem harmful in the long term. On the other hand, I have seen elderly married couples essentially living separate lives, e.g. sleeping in separate bedrooms, but then they have a history of 30+ or 40+ years.
TestUser12
Aug30-07, 06:45 AM
P: 34
Love is salty.
AbouNart
Aug30-07, 09:25 AM
P: 5
Hi
For me I think that love is some kind of selfishness.
when you love someone you want to have it for your self, to keep it for you , to stay all the time close to him. I don't mean that it is wrong, selfishness is a part of our personality, an instinct in us. those instinct inside us is what makes us survive. So what I mean that love is not wrong. Because every time someone hears what I say think that I think that love is wrong.

When you love something(you pda, football team, car etc...) you want to by it and have it for you.

Like when you love someone you wan't to keep it for you, I don't know how to say it correctly in english, you will be jalouse from every one that your lover loves.

I think when you love (not necesseray a person ), you have to be carefull and think again and again ...

It is not some thing usefull or positive to love, it is one of your instincts in you ...
JasonRox
Aug30-07, 10:00 AM
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 2,328
I'm pretty sure I'm on track to not getting married. I'm willing to spend lots of time with a girl, but marriage... I don't think so. If I did get married, it can't be in a church and can not use any religious terms.

I'm too young to think about marriage anyways. I barely have my own life on it's tracks. I'm 23 and moving out just on Saturday. I plan on moving away in May 2008, so any relationship existing would get destroyed. Any long distance relationship with me will not work and I will make no exceptions. I need physical and sexual interaction. I will not let a girl follow me there because I want to live on my own. She can come, but she's on her own.

And basically I'll take it from there.

Maybe I'll think of marriage or something of that sort when I'm like 40.

I can accept the fact of being alone. It doesn't bother me at all. I have a great times in my life and I see no reason to put myself down or waste my life waiting for someone. It's kind of silly. Enjoy life whether or not that someone is there. (I lived my life accepting that I would go deaf by the time I was 25, so I know what it means to fully accept something. Good thing my doctor told me I have many years to go. )
theoritician
Aug31-07, 01:05 AM
P: 2
For me falling in love with someone is if and only if in broad day light out in the open, you look up in the sky and have an image of that person in the whole sky and feel the effects of that inside you.

Another definition would be that you are in love with a person if and only if when things go wrong, you cry. The more you cry the more in love you were with that person.

These are a bit extrinsic but one could give other definitions of love but I think these two are very strong conditions and a sure sign that you are in love with that person.
big man
Aug31-07, 05:18 AM
P: 255
That has to be about the strangest response I've seen. What does that even mean??
You think that to love someone you have to have some sort of mid-day illusions of them in the sky and 'feel the effects inside you'??

The more you cry the more you love someone? Give me a break. Crying to me seems more like a way of releasing all the depression that comes about when something bad has happened to someone you love. However, you can still be extremely hurt inside if you don't cry. Some people just aren't that emotional, but it doesn't mean that they don't care deeply for people and that they wouldn't be truly saddened when something bad happened.
uiulic
Aug31-07, 04:43 PM
P: 96
What does God's love mean?

Modern love seems to lose its original meaning. I remembered being taught that love is permanent selfless?

Now love is temporary, love is conditional?
jmnew51
Aug31-07, 11:52 PM
P: 96
Quote Quote by JasonRox View Post
I'm pretty sure I'm on track to not getting married. I'm willing to spend lots of time with a girl, but marriage... I don't think so. If I did get married, it can't be in a church and can not use any religious terms.
I've been with the same girl for 10+ years now. We live together, own a house together, share 3 vehicles together and love each other unconditionally and we are not married nor plan on doing so any time soon. Marriage is just a piece of paper these days.

And yes, relationships are a lot of work, and it's hard enough just finding someone to "just tolerate you", but there has to be a little something more there going on or you drive each other nuts and the bitter end is already in the works.

Jim
theoritician
Sep2-07, 12:15 AM
P: 2
Quote Quote by big man View Post
That has to be about the strangest response I've seen. What does that even mean??
You think that to love someone you have to have some sort of mid-day illusions of them in the sky and 'feel the effects inside you'??

The more you cry the more you love someone? Give me a break. Crying to me seems more like a way of releasing all the depression that comes about when something bad has happened to someone you love. However, you can still be extremely hurt inside if you don't cry. Some people just aren't that emotional, but it doesn't mean that they don't care deeply for people and that they wouldn't be truly saddened when something bad happened.
Ok. How about a more general less emotional one. You are in love with someone when you think about them, you think about (your) life itself.
stellios
Mar16-10, 08:33 PM
P: n/a
I've kinda always been looking for love... Trying to force it trying to find the one person who could make me happy. This weekend I tried harder than ever before and nothing happened. The day after I had done some really really stupid stuff I decided I should take it easy and not really try. This super amazing girl who had a boyfriend started talking to me. I knew her boyfriend but I decided I should be friendly so we talked and I was completely honest about everything no matter how much it would make her dislike me. We kept talking and we played 2 games of beerpong and then we started playing basketball. Witch she was pretty good at but everything else seemed to disappear all my worries were gone it was just me and her hanging out having the most amazing time ever. I could completely be me and she was completely herself and I want a million nights like that just because it was sooo amazing. I've been with other girls but nothing seemed so right as what that feeling we had between us plus she's like the coolest girl I've ever met. And if this is not the feeling of love then I don't know what is
Pinu7
Mar16-10, 08:42 PM
P: 270
Quote Quote by mathwonk View Post
sort of like proving a theorem, you're happy all over and wonder if it can really be true.

Mathwonk, you are awesome.
Evo
Mar16-10, 08:45 PM
Mentor
Two year old necropost.
MotoH
Mar16-10, 09:09 PM
P: 237
Two year old necropost.
Do people search for "what does it feel like to fall in love" in google and find this? Blows my mind the amount of necroposting I see happen now-a-days!
BobG
Mar16-10, 10:19 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 2,275
Well, falling in love can result in a person wandering around like a zombie - just a happy zombie.

Register to reply