Tags: random
Share this thread:
Borg
Jun3-10, 05:59 AM
PF Gold
P: 784
Quote Quote by magpies View Post
Wow 4 times in one year? :(
Different computers and for different reasons. This one previously had a virus scanner conflict that was locking up Windows. They diagnosed that as "we need to reinstall your OS". I finally figured it out on my own a few days later last month. Now this.
Pattonias
Jun3-10, 08:35 AM
P: 378
Turns out my new puppy came already knowing how to play fetch. He has redeemed himself from being an annoying little bastard.

He also learned to sit on command within ten minutes of me training him.

I'm so proud of him.

Now if only he'll start getting in his pen when it's time without me having to carry him.
songoku
Jun3-10, 11:27 AM
P: 770
prince of persia...not so bad
lisab
Jun3-10, 11:55 AM
Mentor
P: 3,008
Quote Quote by Pattonias View Post
Turns out my new puppy came already knowing how to play fetch. He has redeemed himself from being an annoying little bastard.

I'm so proud of him.

Now if only he'll start getting in his pen when it's time without me having to carry him.
What kind of dog is he? Pix please!
GreatEscapist
Jun3-10, 11:55 AM
P: 180
Quote Quote by Borg View Post
Hard drive failed on my two month old laptop two days ago. When I get it back, I will have to reinstall all of my personal software on a computer for the fourth time this year. That's getting old.
That sounds absolutely delightful. Do you have HP or something?
Quote Quote by Pattonias View Post

I'm so proud of him.

Awwwww! Cute. What kind of puppy?
Evo
Jun3-10, 12:09 PM
Mentor
P: 26,659
Quote Quote by GreatEscapist View Post
Who's the idiot that decided that anything that works on Word should be immediately upgraded to some crap that doesn't work, and will make you so damn frustrated you break keys typing your stupid, stupid report that is becoming more and more skewed because WORD AUTOCORRECTS RANDOM CRAP. OR OTHER MISC. STUFF I DID NOT ASK IT TO DO.
You can shut off all of that crap. When I got my new computer with Word 2007, I spent the first week turning all of those wonderful, helpful defaults off.
Dembadon
Jun3-10, 12:40 PM
PF Gold
P: 641
Triangles, Circles, Triangles, Triangles, Triangles, Circles, Circles, Triangles, Circles, Triangles, Circles, Circles......
Borek
Jun3-10, 12:54 PM
Admin
P: 23,716
Are you designing city toilets?
jobyts
Jun3-10, 05:41 PM
P: 216
IKEA is smart. They start their store is a crappy neighborhood which is very close to a posh neighborhood. They save a lot in the real estate cost without loosing any customers. To buy furniture, the upper middle don't mind driving to a not-so-far neighborhood even if it's crappy. Whole foods cannot have that luxury, they have to be well inside the posh neighborhood. Most people don't want to drive many miles to buy food.
lisab
Jun3-10, 05:50 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
Are you designing city toilets?
Are there triangular toilets in Poland?
Borek
Jun3-10, 05:57 PM
Admin
Could be, even if I don't remember seeing one. But triangles and circles are used to differentiate between lads and ladies toilets, aren't they?
lisab
Jun3-10, 06:07 PM
Mentor
Could be, even if I don't remember seeing one. But triangles and circles are used to differentiate between lads and ladies toilets, aren't they?
Hmm...I've never seen that. Sooooo...I'm a circle,right ?
Borek
Jun3-10, 06:18 PM
Admin
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/1d2d40/

Sounds like this is our local sign, I always thought it was more universal.
Dembadon
Jun3-10, 06:20 PM
PF Gold

Edit: I spent a considerable amount of time helping a friend with trigonometry homework yesterday; I ended up having strange dreams involving lots of circles and triangles last night. I was remembering the strangeness of my dreams when I made the post.
lisab
Jun3-10, 06:22 PM
Mentor
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/1d2d40/

Sounds like this is our local sign, I always thought it was more universal.
Lol, I would have no idea what that was (and I spent a summer in England for a summer when I was a teen). Here in the Western US, men are men, women are women, and shapes are shapes .
lisab
Jun3-10, 06:24 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Dembadon View Post

Ah now that I've seen. Guess I've always focused on the figures, not the shapes .
Borek
Jun3-10, 06:26 PM
Admin
Some may say that triangle standing on the vertex is a symbol of a woman.
Dembadon
Jun3-10, 06:26 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
Ah now that I've seen. Guess I've always focused on the figures, not the shapes .
I, admittedly, don't believe I've ever made the connection either - until Borek's post.

Register to reply