Are Intelligent, Socially Awkward Males Unsuccessful Women Due to Being "Shallow?"

by AUK 1138
Tags: awkward, intelligent, males, shallow, socially, unsuccessful, women
cronxeh
Jul1-10, 03:19 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,236
Quote Quote by SouthGoingZax View Post
.. of the four guys I've ever slept with, all four were virgins before me and all three were physicists/engineers!

The unfortunate flipside to this is that I have had to deal with having some pretty excruciating crushes on off-limits guys (like professors.)
It has always fascinated me how women consider themselves to be less sexual than men, yet they sleep around more often. Then they judge us through this lens of self-righteousness and make the guys second guess themselves when they want to approach a girl.
SouthGoingZax
Jul1-10, 03:25 PM
P: n/a
Oh, be nice, four is not that bad, and besides I was in monogamous relationships with them all.. it wasn't four at ONCE!
cronxeh
Jul1-10, 03:27 PM
PF Gold
Oh, be nice, four is not that bad, and besides I was in monogamous relationships with them all.. it wasn't four at ONCE!
Oh sweety, 2 is too many, for what its worth.
SouthGoingZax
Jul1-10, 03:33 PM
*SIGH* I guess I invited that. The whole premarital sex argument is a can of worms that I'm not prepared to open on my study break.
Math Is Hard
Jul1-10, 03:36 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,921
Quote Quote by cronxeh View Post
It has always fascinated me how women consider themselves to be less sexual than men...
We do?
cronxeh
Jul1-10, 03:37 PM
PF Gold
*SIGH* I guess I invited that. The whole premarital sex argument is a can of worms that I'm not prepared to open on my study break.
What has marriage got to do with that? After you had sex once, you've committed biologically to that person whether you like it or not. Something happens, you breakup or whatever and you go on a little spree there and find yourself another mate. Guess what? You are now cheating on your first commitment with the second guy.

If that is not lying to yourself, which I personally find to be the worst kind of lie, then what is? Sure some might argue that I am crazy, its a great idea to hump around and spread the seed, to which I have 2 words for you.. India and China. Or I guess 1 word.. Asia

Hey can you imagine you name your daughter Asia?

Quote Quote by Math Is Hard View Post
We do?
I dont know what women consider themselves, I am not a woman. This opens an opportunity to call me a hypocrite. Go on, let it all out

Although come to think of it, perhaps the more you lie to yourself, the less self respect you have subconsciously, and your own self value starts to go down. Maybe thats why some women date abusive men who treat them like crap and keep falling into that type of relationship
SouthGoingZax
Jul1-10, 03:47 PM
My my cronxeh, you're awfully warlike considering we just "met" minutes ago. And I suppose YOU have never considered intimacy with more than one person in your life, since it's such a repulsive concept?
anubis01
Jul1-10, 03:53 PM
P: 150
speak for yourself cronxeh, personally the world could do with more women like SouthGoingZax. Seriously where are these kinda girls at my university.
cronxeh
Jul1-10, 03:53 PM
PF Gold
My my cronxeh, you're awfully warlike considering we just "met" minutes ago. And I suppose YOU have never considered intimacy with more than one person in your life, since it's such a repulsive concept?
When I was a boy between 16 and 19 I've done my share of humping. In retrospect, it was a time wasted on useless pursuits and shallow ideations. I would argue that sex is great, greater when with the same person, but then again the more you don't have it the more likely you to take a nihilistic approach to it. Its not a matter of rationalization on my part, but rather a realization that you can adapt to pretty much anything that is not essential.

Thats why there is a little man in a boat

Quote Quote by anubis01 View Post
speak for yourself cronxeh, personally the world could do with more women like SouthGoingZax. Seriously where are these kinda girls at my university.
I agree, you nerds need to get proactive
SouthGoingZax
Jul1-10, 03:57 PM
Quote Quote by anubis01 View Post
EVERYWHERE, you just have to look for us. Then again, I went to Hopkins so it may have been a skewed population sample.

Excuse the generalization, I don't know you from Adam, but "guys like you" are afraid of saying the wrong thing or being "awkward."

"Girls like me" on the other hand, are worried about coming off as not intelligent enough or coming on too strong and scaring you off.
anubis01
Jul1-10, 04:09 PM
P: 150
EVERYWHERE, you just have to look for us. Then again, I went to Hopkins so it may have been a skewed population sample.

Excuse the generalization, I don't know you from Adam, but "guys like you" are afraid of saying the wrong thing or being "awkward."

"Girls like me" on the other hand, are worried about coming off as not intelligent enough or coming on too strong and scaring you off.
Admittedly, I used to be this way, but I've gotten a lot better at this. I even pursued one lady friend that got away...it didn't work out though but it allowed me to move on to other women. In fact if it weren't for exams and this other lady I met going back to France in the summer I could have landed myself a women, but It was just bad timing.

All well, at least I'm ready to apply what I learned for next year.
creepypasta13
Jul2-10, 01:50 AM
P: 375

EVERYWHERE? My guess is that maybe 1 out of 1000 girls, of average or higher attractiveness, take interest in awkward nerds. You said it yourself that you were the only one out of your friends who takes interest in nerds. Anyways, in my experience, I have seen 'nerds', who had social skills, have success with women. But I've never seen socially awkward nerds have anything close to success.
creepypasta13
Jul2-10, 01:52 AM
P: 375
It has always fascinated me how women consider themselves to be less sexual than men, yet they sleep around more often. Then they judge us through this lens of self-righteousness and make the guys second guess themselves when they want to approach a girl.
I completely agree. But in the case of SouthGoingZax, that's a good thing, because shes going for nerds. We need more nerds to have success with women, so then they'll gain more confidence, and thus produce even more good things for society than they already do
GeorginaS
Jul2-10, 01:59 AM
P: 379
After you had sex once, you've committed biologically to that person whether you like it or not. Something happens, you breakup or whatever and you go on a little spree there and find yourself another mate. Guess what? You are now cheating on your first commitment with the second guy.

If that is not lying to yourself, which I personally find to be the worst kind of lie, then what is?
Care to back up any of this judgmental nonsense with fact?
rootX
Jul2-10, 08:53 AM
P: 1,295
Quote Quote by creepypasta13 View Post
I completely agree. But in the case of SouthGoingZax, that's a good thing, because shes going for nerds. We need more nerds to have success with women, so then they'll gain more confidence, and thus produce even more good things for society than they already do
.. That reminds me of comfort women
lisab
Jul2-10, 11:01 AM
Mentor
P: 2,917
After you had sex once, you've committed biologically to that person whether you like it or not. Something happens, you breakup or whatever and you go on a little spree there and find yourself another mate. Guess what? You are now cheating on your first commitment with the second guy.
Total BS.
cronxeh
Jul2-10, 11:36 AM
PF Gold
must've plucked a feminist string
lisab
Jul2-10, 11:42 AM
Mentor
P: 2,917
must've plucked a feminist string