I prefer Midnight Pasture
ThomasEdison
Apr22-10, 02:50 PM
P: 107
Wait no mention of tools or workgear?

Some Great Handtool Products:
Klein Lineman's Pliers. (and screwdrivers).. duh
A Lenox heavy duty Hacksaw.
A Greenlee Pocket-sized earthmagnet Level.
A Fatmax Tape ruler with a magnetic tip that glows in the dark.

Work Clothes
Red Wing the Tungsten Carbide-steel Toed Railway Worker Boots with nylon covers that are electrically insulated (sadly discontinued :( .)
Carhart Jackets
Danner socks.

Casual Clothes :
New balance athletic shoes.
Most of the cheap clothes at Old Navy.

Nerdgear:
A Texas Instruments Scientific Calculator.
turbo
Apr22-10, 02:58 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
For winter wear, it's hard to beat LL Bean's flannel-lined jeans. They are soft and warm, and they last longer than the major brands.
TubbaBlubba
Jun1-10, 01:16 AM
P: 106
ComfortWipe. It's so useful and sanitary!

I really happen to like my Nespresso. World-class coffee in 30 seconds for 50 cents a cup. Hard to beat that. The only drawback is that you have to order the coffee in rather large bulks.

Clothing... I have a pretty nice skin jacket for outside wear. I have a few T-shirts I really like (I can't stand white T-shirts) with various motifs, and I almost always wear my jeans jacket. Together with jeans. Shoot me for it. Almost (or all?) all of my jeans are Crocker, I think. I don't know why, I never look at the brand before buying them. I guess Crocker makes nice jeans.

I only have one pair of shoes. Seriously. Ecco, I believe. But it's largely because I need special-made inner soles to walk properly.

I've also got a KitchenAid Mixer and a Stand Mixer (The ones you knead dough with). Absolutely amazing products and they work for a lifetimes.

Tools... Well, I did like my airbrush a lot... The three times it worked. Maybe I shouldn't get the cheapest one next time. X-acto scalpells are really useful for model building, too.

Tea Forté makes amazing teas, I need to order some more of that. I had some cacao powder which was really great, but I can't remember the name at the moment... Oh well.

That's about what I can think of... Oh, Casall makes great training equipment, too. Got my barbell and crosstrainer yesterday, time to get fit, ho-hoh.
ThomasEdison
Jun19-10, 07:47 PM
P: 107
Whey Protein Isolate.
In any product.

It really does seem to be as healthy and nutritious as the literature suggests.
This might be a psychosomatic effect but when I ingest it mixed in with milk at certain times during the day I do actually feel revitalized and less exhausted all throughout my week.

Ive been eating a more protein rich diet along with doing a regime of intense freeweight exercises and.. its working. My body feels solid and sturdy and stronger than it ever did. My posture is better and I generally feel more positive and more confident and experience less stress. I think a major part of my previous depression was nutrition and part of that was a lack of protein.

I think whey protein isolate and sometimes called milk protein isolate is the real deal.
sherriffwoody
Jul17-10, 04:42 PM
P: 1
Quote Quote by DaveC426913 View Post
Nutella is the wolf-in-sheep's-clothing of food. It pretends to be a healthy food like peanut butter, but it's still a chocolate-bar-in-a-jar.

But mmmm so good...
peanut butter is good for you?? Since when has that carb to fat ratio been good for you. how many peanuts have to be eaten to get the same concentration of energy, fat and carbs as 1 teaspoon of peanut butter
Evo
Jul17-10, 05:37 PM
Mentor
P: 26,426
Quote Quote by sherriffwoody View Post
peanut butter is good for you?? Since when has that carb to fat ratio been good for you. how many peanuts have to be eaten to get the same concentration of energy, fat and carbs as 1 teaspoon of peanut butter
It's very good for you.

http://www.jacn.org/cgi/content/full/23/6/660
estro
Jul17-10, 07:41 PM
P: 323
I'll go to live in isolated island if you give me enough "Coca Cola" and "Mars" chocolates.
OmCheeto
Aug6-10, 08:22 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,420
Macbook, Top Ramen, and Ford Ranger

In that order

---------------------------------------------------

I would mention the brand of the boat which has brought me more joy than you can imagine over the last 20 years, but I'm sure any other boat would have given me as much pleasure.
And they stopped making them 45 years ago, so I'm sure they do not count.
Gokul43201
Aug6-10, 10:40 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,155
Kahtoola MICROspikes - the high quality light traction devices that the Hiking/Mountaineering world has long been waiting for.

Ivan Seeking
Aug31-10, 01:12 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,497
Had an issue with out newest Dell computer. Suddenly I got the blue screen of death upon boot, even in safe mode. Being that I have a full warranty, I just called and let them talk me through it.

Since then, they have called twice just to make sure everything is still working properly! Now THAT is great customer service!
turbo
Aug31-10, 01:49 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
My favorite kitchen tools are Thiers-Issard knives. They are the best of the best, and the only company that deserves to use the Sabatier name, IMO. Other companies using that name are riding on Thiers-Issard's reputation and putting out lower-quality products.

Get a T-I 6" chef's knife and a Santoku and most of your food-prep/chopping chores are covered. Add a cleaver, a heavy butcher's knife, and a few paring knives (almost any decent brand will do), and you've got a well-equipped cutlery block.
physics girl phd
Aug31-10, 02:12 PM
P: 936
Zout!
Got stains... don't pout, Zout gets the stains out.
(Even that tasty sauerkraut, and that liverwurst made from pigs' snout).
It works so well, you'll want to shout.

Clothes looking so good you can tout about some clout,
Without getting called a lout...
As long as you don't spout so much to get in a bout.
(Remember to act like an Eagle Scout!)

Unfortunately it can do nothing about your gout.
(For that -- you should consider that fact you're too stout...)

It also won't help you snare a trout,
it won't help you repair your grout,
And it won't help your veggies sprout -- when there's a drought.

For those tasks, you'll need to go some other route.
Seriously, I use about a third of a bottle for every load of "baby laundry," but it does get almost all stains out (excepting the felt-tip ink pens I like to use... and that little E likes to steal off the edge of my desk and use to write on herself -- augh!). I've suggested this to all kinds of other people -- including my mom, and they agree it's the best clothes stain remover on the market.

I also couldn't live without my steam generator iron.
Evo
Aug31-10, 03:09 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by physics girl phd View Post
Zout!
Got stains... don't pout, Zout gets the stains out.
(Even that tasty sauerkraut, and that liverwurst made from pigs' snout).
It works so well, you'll want to shout.

Clothes looking so good you can tout about some clout,
Without getting called a lout...
As long as you don't spout so much to get in a bout.
(Remember to act like an Eagle Scout!)

Unfortunately it can do nothing about your gout.
(For that -- you should consider that fact you're too stout...)

It also won't help you snare a trout,
it won't help you repair your grout,
And it won't help your veggies sprout -- when there's a drought.

For those tasks, you'll need to go some other route.
Seriously, I use about a third of a bottle for every load of "baby laundry," but it does get almost all stains out (excepting the felt-tip ink pens I like to use... and that little E likes to steal off the edge of my desk and use to write on herself -- augh!). I've suggested this to all kinds of other people -- including my mom, and they agree it's the best clothes stain remover on the market.

I also couldn't live without my steam generator iron.
Try the new clorox 2, I haven't found anything (including ink) that it won't get out and it doesn't affect color.
Evo
Aug31-10, 03:12 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
Had an issue with out newest Dell computer. Suddenly I got the blue screen of death upon boot, even in safe mode. Being that I have a full warranty, I just called and let them talk me through it.

Since then, they have called twice just to make sure everything is still working properly! Now THAT is great customer service!
HP will call you for weeks after a service call making sure you're still happy and everything is ok.

They came out and installed a new motherboard when mine was initially defective. They wanted to come out in 3 days, but I wasn't available and had to postpone them.
Ivan Seeking
Aug31-10, 03:18 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,497
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
HP will call you for weeks after a service call making sure you're still happy and everything is ok.

They came out and installed a new motherboard when mine was initially defective. They wanted to come out in 3 days, but I wasn't available and had to postpone them.
To me, this is more important that one brand having a slightly better failure rate than another. As long as they fix it fast and make things easy, I'm a happy customer. This assumes of course that I don't see excessive failures or persistent problems, which I've never seen in 7 Dells. [yes, a "Dell" is now a measure of time]

Same with Dell: If its an easy thing to install like a removable drive, they ship it Red. If it gets more involved, either a tech shows up your door with the parts, or a special courier shows up with a box for shipping. We had to ship something once - I think it was Tsu's last computer, when it was new. The turnaround time was about three days, including shipping!

PS, I am really hard on my laptops. When I do field work, the laptop is often exposed to highly unfavorable conditions - temp extremes, humidity extremes [a few times, rain], vibration, air contaminents, ambient pressure changes.
lisab
Jun21-11, 07:54 PM
Mentor
P: 2,974
Finally! Someone made a jog bra that is ***awesome***! Damn, this thing is so amazing I think men should wear them too.

The Shock Absorber Sports Bra. Unbelievable. Spendy, but worth it, if you really need a sports bra.
Evo
Jun21-11, 08:33 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
Finally! Someone made a jog bra that is ***awesome***! Damn, this thing is so amazing I think men should wear them too.

The Shock Absorber Sports Bra. Unbelievable. Spendy, but worth it, if you really need a sports bra.
Years ago I started sleeping in a support bra, the result, I think I am the only woman on earth my age that has the breasts of a 20 year old.

Evo Child is getting enormous, she now understands the need for tight support, I hope that she keeps those things bound tightly whenever they're not in use. I know women that have to lift their breasts in order to button their pants. It is not attractive.

Register to reply