Register to reply

Atheist going back to religion for the girls.

by AlexES16
Tags: atheist, girls, religion
Share this thread:
AlexES16
Nov6-10, 11:24 PM
P: 193
Well all my close friends and close family know i am an atheist. But i am going to a group of people that really belive in god and the catholic church, i have to pray and all that stuff, i mean is a very catholic group, people even cry there some times, is a comunity. I go there with my best friend, and he is the only one that knows that i am there for a more dark or whatever purpose, yep that is, i am there for the girls, i mean there is tons of girls and i interact with them and all. In my university there is no girls in engineering, so its the only place in wich i am with tons of girls. How bad is this thing that i am doing, i really am an A"$%"$??? i have to pretend a lot there.

Any one with a experience like this, pretend to belive for other purposes? like girls in my case.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
Evo
Nov6-10, 11:34 PM
Mentor
P: 26,557
Quote Quote by AlexES16 View Post
Well all my close friends and close family know i am an atheist. But i am going to a group of people that really belive in god and the catholic church, i have to pray and all that stuff, i mean is a very catholic group, people even cry there some times, is a comunity. I go there with my best friend, and he is the only one that knows that i am there for a more dark or whatever purpose, yep that is, i am there for the girls, i mean there is tons of girls and i interact with them and all. In my university there is no girls in engineering, so its the only place in wich i am with tons of girls. How bad is this thing that i am doing, i really am an A"$%"$??? i have to pretend a lot there.

Any one with a experience like this, pretend to belive for other purposes? like girls in my case.
Are you just going to pick up girls with no intent of a serious relationship? If yes, then it's wrong.

Are you going with the belief that if you found someone you would want to convert?
skeptic2
Nov6-10, 11:46 PM
P: 1,815
I know there's a difference between dating to be dating and dating to find a serious partner. Could you ever be happy with a strongly religious partner?

http://www.google.com/search?q=athei...rlz=1R1GGGL_en

AlexES16
Nov7-10, 12:02 AM
Atheist going back to religion for the girls.

Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Are you just going to pick up girls with no intent of a serious relationship? If yes, then it's wrong.

Are you going with the belief that if you found someone you would want to convert?
Hello Evo =).

1) If i met a girl that really worth a serious relationship is ok
But i am not the type of guy who fells in love, I fight that emotion as hard as I can. In my experience it only brings me vulnerabilty, its like a drug and i am not in drugs.

So if she wants to have fun, then i dont see any bad there

2)Not at all, nobody changes my mind and if some day i fell in love with a girl who is also in love with me, i know she will not want to change my mind if not i wouldnt be in in love with her xD.

You dont go in a relationship trying to change the other party dont you think Evo =)?
AlexES16
Nov7-10, 12:05 AM
Quote Quote by skeptic2 View Post
I know there's a difference between dating to be dating and dating to find a serious partner. Could you ever be happy with a strongly religious partner?

http://www.google.com/search?q=athei...rlz=1R1GGGL_en

I am not in Web dating. I am in the thrill of the moment face to face. There is not to much atheist or agnostic in my country xD.
Pengwuino
Nov7-10, 12:14 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,120
I don't think you're going to find that many girls who "just want to have fun" at such a place...

and if you're even possibly thinking about a serious relationship, starting off as a phony sure isn't the best way to begin.

Honestly, how can you have picked such a silly place to try to pick up girls? Why not try a funeral next.
jackmell
Nov7-10, 06:32 AM
P: 1,666
This is a mess, it's inappropriate, and a terrible violation of trust. There is a simple solution to this problem: You need to find some atheist chick.
Dembadon
Nov7-10, 09:33 AM
PF Gold
P: 641
AlexES16, I think this is a terrible idea. Deceit is a terrible foundation for a relationship.

You also shouldn't dismiss using internet resources, as it seems you're in a place where you don't have many options.
Topher925
Nov7-10, 09:58 AM
P: 1,672
Its just a disaster waiting to happen. I understand your logic, especially since there are such few atheists and even fewer female atheists in the world. But you need to stay away from the crazy religious girls as there is no way it will end well. I've been there, done that, and you should learn from my mistakes, its just not worth it.

If you want to meet girls go join a club or org at your school or something. A lot of people have luck with salsa and ballroom dancing.
cristo
Nov7-10, 10:19 AM
Mentor
P: 8,317
Quote Quote by Topher925 View Post
But you need to stay away from the crazy religious girls as there is no way it will end well.
Just because someone is religious, doesn't mean they're crazy.
lisab
Nov7-10, 10:37 AM
Mentor
P: 2,990
The only way this will turn out well for you, Alex, is if you happen to meet a girl in church who is also atheist but attends services just to meet guys.

The chances of that are veeeeeery small.
AlexES16
Nov7-10, 10:48 AM
Quote Quote by Pengwuino View Post
I don't think you're going to find that many girls who "just want to have fun" at such a place...

and if you're even possibly thinking about a serious relationship, starting off as a phony sure isn't the best way to begin.

Honestly, how can you have picked such a silly place to try to pick up girls? Why not try a funeral next.
Good idea dude
To many wedding crashers
AlexES16
Nov7-10, 10:48 AM
Quote Quote by jackmell View Post
This is a mess, it's inappropriate, and a terrible violation of trust. There is a simple solution to this problem: You need to find some atheist chick.
0 atheist girls here.
AlexES16
Nov7-10, 10:50 AM
Quote Quote by Dembadon View Post
AlexES16, I think this is a terrible idea. Deceit is a terrible foundation for a relationship.

You also shouldn't dismiss using internet resources, as it seems you're in a place where you don't have many options.
I dont like internet dating =(
AlexES16
Nov7-10, 10:52 AM
Quote Quote by Topher925 View Post
Its just a disaster waiting to happen. I understand your logic, especially since there are such few atheists and even fewer female atheists in the world. But you need to stay away from the crazy religious girls as there is no way it will end well. I've been there, done that, and you should learn from my mistakes, its just not worth it.

If you want to meet girls go join a club or org at your school or something. A lot of people have luck with salsa and ballroom dancing.
Yeah i also gona join salsa classes
But if they are crazy maybe they want to convince me to join their religion in crazy ways...
AlexES16
Nov7-10, 10:54 AM
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
The only way this will turn out well for you, Alex, is if you happen to meet a girl in church who is also atheist but attends services just to meet guys.

The chances of that are veeeeeery small.
Mmmm true.
AlexES16
Nov7-10, 11:03 AM
WOW! i didnt expected to be such a bad idea for you people.

I feel im gona end crucified.

When I became atheist i didnt expected so much problems like this. Bha i dont like my country xD, only like 5-1% is atheist-agnostic here. Why there is no such thing a humanist youth group or something like that. When i was in the scouts was the same thing, they pray and all that stuff and i was like: oh ok lets pretend. Is Atheist the new afro? or what?

I really dont mind dating muslim, chatolic or what ever girls. No girl is changing my mind
Dembadon
Nov7-10, 11:10 AM
PF Gold
P: 641
I dont like internet dating =(
Then I guess you aren't as concerned as I thought.

Register to reply