Enthalpy of Reaction at other than 298K

by juice34
Tags: 298k, enthalpy, reaction
juice34
Feb2-11, 12:07 PM
P: 48
I am curious as to how to calculate the heat of reaction for a exothermic chemical reaction other than at 298.15K. This is more of a check than anything else and anyone elses input on how to obtain more accurate results will be greatly appreciated. Here we go

I want to calculate the heat of reaction for a process at lets say 600K, although i have the known heat of reaction at 298K as well as the Cp at 298K.

Part A)
From what i know,
the new heat of reaction is=integral(Cp(298K), 298K,600K)=delta H at 600K [kj/mol], correct?

Part B)
although, i have found other references that have conflicting reports on the Cp to use, some say use the Cp at 600K, in the above equation, which i dont think makes sense?

Part C)
The logical way, if i know the Cp at 600K (calculated from the shomate), i can just multiply the Cp(600K)*T(600K), correct?

Part D)
As far as getting more accurate values, obtaining the residuals (by calculation of course) will give the best numerical value.(from an old thermo book)
Phys.Org News Partner Chemistry news on Phys.org
First view of nature-inspired catalyst after ripping hydrogen apart provides insights for better, cheaper fuel cells
Following a protein's travel inside cells is key to improving patient monitoring, drug development
Team helps cancer treatment drugs get past their sticking point

Register to reply