Mathcad: forms of values do not match?

In summary, the individual is seeking help with a Mathcad error related to the forms of values and is looking for guidance on how to resolve it by providing more information and context on their code.
markus.sparti
I am looking for any help I can get, I have been working on this for hours and cannot figure it out. Should I include more info in my post?

I am getting an error stating:

The forms of these values must match
This value has the form: Unitless
but others have the form: f(any1, [unitless]) => [unitless]

when I assign a value to 'num'

I am new to Mathcad and I am not sure what this error is trying to tell me. I have tried changing the value of 'num' but I am still getting the error, any ideas?

Here is what I'm working with:
match2.jpg

match1.jpg
Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks! :confused:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Yes, including more information in your post would be helpful for others to understand the problem and provide assistance. Can you provide more context on what you are trying to achieve with the code and what values you have assigned to 'num'? Additionally, it would be helpful if you could provide the full code or a screenshot of the error message. Without more information, it is difficult to provide specific guidance on how to resolve the error.

1. Why am I getting an error message saying "forms of values do not match" in Mathcad?

This error message is typically displayed when you are trying to perform a mathematical operation or comparison between two values that are not in the same form. For example, trying to add a scalar value to a vector value will result in this error.

2. How can I fix the "forms of values do not match" error in Mathcad?

To fix this error, you will need to ensure that all values involved in the mathematical operation are in the same form. You can use the "Convert" function in Mathcad to convert values to the desired form or use appropriate mathematical functions to perform operations between different forms of values.

3. Can I prevent the "forms of values do not match" error in Mathcad?

Yes, you can prevent this error by being mindful of the form of values you are using in your mathematical operations. It is also helpful to use appropriate functions and convert values to the same form before performing operations.

4. Are there any common mistakes that lead to the "forms of values do not match" error in Mathcad?

Yes, one common mistake is mixing up scalar and vector values. Forgetting to convert values to the same form before performing operations can also lead to this error.

5. Is there a way to change the default form of values in Mathcad?

No, the default form of values in Mathcad is determined by the type of value you enter. Scalars are the default form, but you can use the "Convert" function to change the form of values as needed for your calculations.