by nrqed
Tags: device, market
Share this thread:
nrqed
Oct2-10, 10:59 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 2,887
I wonder if this is available on the market. I would like to have a ''digital notepad'' with a computer screen on which I would be writing with a digital pen (with a screen 8 1/2 '' x 11 '' in size or about). Whenever I look for a ''digital notepad'' or a ''digital tablet'' I get devices where one must write on ordinary paper and the text is digitally stored. But I want to be able to edit my text ''on the go'' i.e. erase, move or insert text as I go along. And I want to be able to scroll and read what I had written earlier. I want to be able to do that without having to connect to my computer.

Is that type of device available on the market?

Thanks in advance!

Patrick
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Security CTO to detail Android Fake ID flaw at Black Hat
Huge waves measured for first time in Arctic Ocean
Mysterious molecules in space
NobodySpecial
Oct2-10, 11:25 PM
P: 474
A tablet computer?
Or an iPad
pallidin
Oct11-10, 04:29 AM
P: 2,292
Yeah, I could do that with my Palm Tungsten TX years ago.

Gaius Baltar
Oct11-10, 07:33 AM
P: 49
Is this device available on the market?

Ipad is the best bet
yelopq
Oct25-10, 02:23 AM
P: 3
yeah,indeed.
JaredJames
Oct25-10, 02:18 PM
P: 3,387
I was doing this on my Sony Clie years (we're talking 7 years) ago. It also had the ability to convert what you wrote to typed font format.

iPads are currently the top for that sort of thing I believe.
ukgaryb
Oct26-10, 04:39 AM
P: 3
HP have a new tablet computer with a in-built WACOM digitiser and a stylus, that's your best bet. The iPad is too restrictive.
Claref
Dec23-10, 11:20 PM
P: 13
Quote Quote by ukgaryb View Post
HP have a new tablet computer with a in-built WACOM digitiser and a stylus, that's your best bet. The iPad is too restrictive.
Before you do that run the compatibilty check. I just upgraded to 64 win 7 only to find out my HP printer won't work, no drivers. Anybody want to buy a used Photosmart 7150?
JaredJames
Dec24-10, 05:40 AM
P: 3,387
You can bluff the drivers in Windows 7, PM me if you really want help with it and I'll try and give you the way I got around the problem with mine. You never know, it may help you as well.
mugaliens
Dec30-10, 01:28 AM
P: 595
Quote Quote by Claref View Post
Before you do that run the compatibilty check. I just upgraded to 64 win 7 only to find out my HP printer won't work, no drivers. Anybody want to buy a used Photosmart 7150?
HP has 64-bit drivers for most of its models. I have two HP printers; one is 5 years old, the other is 9 years old, and neither worked with Windows 7 Ultimate when I upgraded last week.

They work now, because I downloaded and installed HP's 64-bit drivers for both of them.
Futurama
Mar2-11, 05:56 PM
P: 17
There are now an assortment of tablets that can do this. Along with this, there are also touch-capacitive styluses on the market that work with any touchscreen. However, you will notice your diagrams/notes will be a lot messier than traditional paper.
Xitami
Apr7-11, 07:10 AM
P: 129
Pattonias
Apr7-11, 10:24 AM
P: 378
Quote Quote by Xitami View Post
I want it ;(
AIR&SPACE
Apr8-11, 12:11 PM
P: 101
Lenovo makes some stellar tablets. I find that while writing my class notes on my x61 is fantastic, what sets it apart from the ipad is I can flip it around and use a fully functioning keyboard if I need to say, write a word document, web-search, or quickly navigate documents and folders.

Register to reply