Register to reply

Cat's in the cradle

by jobyts
Tags: cradle
Share this thread:
jobyts
Apr24-11, 09:56 AM
P: 216
The lyrics of this song is just so amazing, I thought of putting it here as a new thread.

Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Fungus deadly to AIDS patients found to grow on trees
Canola genome sequence reveals evolutionary 'love triangle'
Scientists uncover clues to role of magnetism in iron-based superconductors
Lacy33
Apr24-11, 07:42 PM
P: 335
We have a joke in our family about a cousin who is always saying we will do lunch or get together soon. He is the only family member I have on this coast and he lives only a few blocks away. I have see him twice in 21 years. No Three times. Once in Jack's .99 store. He is a billionaire and that is how he stays one.
So when ever he calls or emails we sing this song. "And we'll get together then...."
mathwonk
Apr24-11, 10:15 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 9,470
I hope I am not the world's worst father, but these lyrics are the saddest in the world to me. I always end up crying when i hear this song. This is an amazingly insightful work of art. Unfortunately, the message of this song is that by the time we get it, it's too late. I cannot listen to it. Guys, when you retire and they give you a card and say goodbye, where are you going to go? Hopefully to visit your kids and grands. But only if you have remembered them.

Ivan Seeking
Apr24-11, 10:52 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,500
Cat's in the cradle

Great song! I still have my old 45.

Like the sands of the hour glass...
rootX
Apr24-11, 11:09 PM
P: 1,294
Quote Quote by mathwonk View Post
I hope I am not the world's worst father, but these lyrics are the saddest in the world to me. I always end up crying when i hear this song. This is an amazingly insightful work of art. Unfortunately, the message of this song is that by the time we get it, it's too late. I cannot listen to it. Guys, when you retire and they give you a card and say goodbye, where are you going to go? Hopefully to visit your kids and grands. But only if you have remembered them.
I wouldn't say my dad was good or I ever want to be like him. Both me and my sister (currently in college) hate visiting home and don't think we would ever have or ever had any family dinner or things like that. But, everyone makes mistakes. More I grow, more love grows for my parents but I don't think I would ever be too close to them. Only thing I have learned is not to make mistakes that they made!
pergradus
Apr24-11, 11:22 PM
P: 156
cant listen to this right now... makes me miss my dad too much...
Ivan Seeking
Apr25-11, 10:44 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,500
Quote Quote by mathwonk View Post
I hope I am not the world's worst father, but these lyrics are the saddest in the world to me.
I find the fact that it's 37 years old even sadder!!!
turbo
Apr25-11, 11:19 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Too many of us have seen our relationships evaporate through neglect. Chapin should have gotten an award for that song.
rootX
Apr25-11, 11:25 PM
P: 1,294
Quote Quote by turbo-1 View Post
Too many of us have seen our relationships evaporate through neglect. Chapin should have gotten an award for that song.
I think for most of those cases, you wouldn't notice other person's place in your life until it's too late

Register to reply