May27-11, 12:32 PM
P: 38
so whats the latest on this?
mheslep
Nov30-11, 02:27 PM
PF Gold
P: 3,081
Quote Quote by Ygggdrasil View Post

Edit: Also, here is a peer-reviewed paper that discusses many of the flaws in study design and bias discussed in this thread:
Ioannidis JPA (2005) Why Most Published Research Findings Are False. PLoS Med 2(8): e124. doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.0020124
I see that 2005 paper has 597 cites now, with downloads the highest in PLoS history. Ioannidis has really turned the lights on.
moejoe15
Jan1-12, 11:28 AM
P: 39
I see only 2 possible explanations for precognition (which I have experienced). The first is the future is fixed and we can occasionally glimpse it, the Akashic records. The second is that the future is in outline but isn't fixed, it can be seen but can also be changed.

The problem with the first alternative is that free will is an illusion and that our lives run a set course and we are just actors reading the lines. I don't like that possibility even though it would appear to us as if we do have free will because we don't know the future.

The second possibility is much more likely because almost any explicit prediction can either be changed or brought about. Some have. This is why real psychics, if they exist, don't give out explicit predictions as often as unclear ones. If predictions were always explicit they could be thwarted or made to come about, as the Jews did creating Israel.

What good would it be if Nostradamus was explicit? When he predicted that the king would be killed by a lance it wasn't explicit. If it was and the king decided not to joust the prophesy would not have come true, no one would have known that it would have and Nostradamus would be a footnote instead of a celebrated psychic.

Register to reply