P: 21,827
I think SciConnect will work for Evo.
rhody
May30-11, 05:57 PM
PF Gold
P: 765
Quote Quote by Astronuc View Post
I think SciConnect will work for Evo.
I agree Astro, I dug deeper, Evo, click here and from the men's photos, from sheer looks alone, see if any of these guys suit you (or if none, say nada).

Rhody... matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match, catch me a catch...

P.S. Just to check them out, I clicked on the join link, it says these people are actively seeking others, so be careful what you wish for, lol. 65$ for a year and 30$ for three months.
lisab
May30-11, 06:36 PM
Mentor
P: 2,979
Quote Quote by Pengwuino View Post
Sounds like a winner
*wonders what formy love is *
rhody
May30-11, 06:39 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
Lisa scores one, Jimmy = 54, Lisa = 23 and climbing, Note: numbers are ages as well, hehe...

Rhody...

P.S. Evo is hard at work with her choice(s), I am sure she report back, soon, well, then again, maybe not...
Evo
May30-11, 09:03 PM
Mentor
P: 26,485
Unfortunately to look at what's available at the SciConnect site, I'd have to join up. So far the examples just don't do it for me. Although these people are definitely of higher overall quality and more open minded than at other sites.
lisab
May30-11, 09:17 PM
Mentor
P: 2,979
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
Unfortunately to look at what's available at the SciConnect site, I'd have to join up. So far the examples just don't do it for me. Although these people are definitely of higher overall quality and more open minded than at other sites.
Keep this in mind, though: there are probably legions of geeks who meet your criteria, but only lurk on that site, hoping to find their EvoGoddess. If you join, you might pique the interest of one of them .
Evo
May30-11, 09:19 PM
Mentor
P: 26,485
Keep this in mind, though: there are probably legions of geeks who meet your criteria, but only lurk on that site, hoping to find their EvoGoddess. If you join, you might pique the interest of one of them .
Oooh, I didn't think of that!!
ViewsofMars
May30-11, 09:26 PM
P: 463
Thank you for the links! I was about to sign up when I started having pain in my hips, especially if I walk or bend forward. I'm not much good at working on a outdoors project, which is what I wanted.
Ok. Your health comes first! I hope you have seen your doctor. Sounds serious. As far as you looking for a mate on the Internet, I have my reservations. Two of my friends did that and ended up putting the guy on DON'T DATE HIM GIRL! (lol!) I can't stop laughing.... Best wishes on your jouney. Hope you fair well.
BobG
May30-11, 10:49 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 2,278
Where are the easy going, intelligent men that don't look like neanderthals standing next to corvettes?
If they were easy going, intelligent, and didn't look like neanderthals, they wouldn't need to stand next to a Corvette. The Corvette is just to divert attention.

It's tough to find a date when

so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens.
Pengwuino
May30-11, 11:14 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,120
The best kind of love
ideasrule
May30-11, 11:30 PM
HW Helper
P: 2,323
Quote Quote by I like Serena View Post
I'd go out with you.....

Except that I don't fit your criteria, just like almost 7 billion other people!

You're kind of picky, aren't you!
Evo, you seem like an interesting person. I'd go out with you too...

(Before anybody becomes too disturbed, I'm just kidding. I think I'm as far from fitting Evo's criteria as anybody can possibly be.)
turbo
May30-11, 11:45 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by ideasrule View Post
Evo, you seem like an interesting person. I'd go out with you too...

(Before anybody becomes too disturbed, I'm just kidding. I think I'm as far from fitting Evo's criteria as anybody can possibly be.)
I'd probably go out with Evo, too (arm's length relationship to start) if I were not happily married. Unfortunately, the Supreme Lard looks to be a high-maintenance partner, so it would not work at all for me.

I could fall for our new neighbor, though. She spent all afternoon yesterday grubbing the garden-site that I tilled for them and she had dirt all over her. When she'd gotten the sod and roots out, I ran the tractor back up there and tilled that spot two more times, so she'd have nice soft, aerated soil to hoe up and plant their peppers, tomatoes, etc.
DaveC426913
May31-11, 09:29 AM
P: 15,319
Quote Quote by turbo-1 View Post
I could fall for our new neighbor, though. She spent all afternoon yesterday grubbing the garden-site that I tilled for them and she had dirt all over her. When she'd gotten the sod and roots out, I ran the tractor back up there and tilled that spot two more times, so she'd have nice soft, aerated soil to hoe up and plant their peppers, tomatoes, etc.
Man, that is just burgeoning with euphamistic imagery.
rhody
May31-11, 11:22 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by turbo-1 View Post
Quote Quote by DaveC426913 View Post
Man, that is just burgeoning with euphamistic imagery.
Dave,

You dared to go (and then post about) what I was thinking as well. I am glad it wasn't just me who took Turbo's comments that way.

Rhody...
Echo 6 Sierra
May31-11, 12:57 PM
P: 86
... I've been on this forum for 8 years and only a couple of men have approached me.
It's because you're just.that.pretty. and guys are afraid of you. I'm not... but alas, the poem and invitation to be my long distance Valentine I sent five or so years ago didn't quite cut the mustard. Thank you for letting me down easy.

I've had instances where eharmony took it upon themselves to loosen my standards for me after I insisted that being fit and within 50 miles were non-negotiable in a potential match.

Stay away from plentyoffish. I received mean natured replies after I had enough of the dregs and changed my opening paragraph to read in part "...if you talk with your mouth full, have ever been called brassy or sassy... click the back button now. I'm not your guy." In an attempt to add a little levity I went back and added, "...you will be worshipped if you can do any of the following... be sweet, calculate the volume of an irregular solid using the slice method... find a Messier Object... build and or use your own home made telescope (or fake it really good)... tie a passable Clouser or Wooly Booger, divide by zero." There were a few more but I've forgotten them. Also, I don't drink but apparently everyone in my dating pool does and its annoying. Getting drunk and being the LOUD center of attention on a meet and greet just doesn't cut it for me.

Evo, you're more than welcome to move back to Texas. Austin will wecome you with open arms.
Math Is Hard
May31-11, 02:28 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,923
Quote Quote by Echo 6 Sierra View Post
It's because you're just.that.pretty. and guys are afraid of you. I'm not... but alas, the poem and invitation to be my long distance Valentine I sent five or so years ago didn't quite cut the mustard. Thank you for letting me down easy.
I was rooting for you, Echo. You were my favorite.
Nikitin
Jun1-11, 06:35 AM
P: 619
Almost as many as those that claim to be "very attractive". I'm sure they might be attractive to some life form, but it's not human.
auch that was very mean

btw don't tell me you people are all over 50??
turbo
Jun1-11, 07:07 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by Nikitin View Post
auch that was very mean

btw don't tell me you people are all over 50??
MIH is not 50. She's just a babe.

Register to reply