Suspect in KC toddler’s drowning death is a 5-year-old girl

Share this thread:
dlgoff
Jun9-11, 08:12 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,726
Should she be put in jail?

An 18-month-old boy’s drowning death in a bathtub last week is now being investigated as a possible homicide, police told The Kansas City Star on Wednesday.

But even more shocking to authorities is that their suspect is a 5-year-old girl.
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/06/08...-drowning.html
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
Borg
Jun9-11, 08:28 AM
PF Gold
P: 771
Very tragic. How did a five-year-old get the idea to do something like that in the first place? Where does a child that young learn that kind of aggression?
DaveC426913
Jun9-11, 08:31 AM
P: 15,319
Quote Quote by Borg View Post
Where does a child that young learn that kind of aggression?
You ever met any five year olds?

They have as much aggression as anyone. Just watch America's Funniest Home People. Always shoving each other around.

The question is: does she realize that pushing a toddler into the dirt because it's making too much noise is different from drowning it?

Borg
Jun9-11, 08:50 AM
PF Gold
P: 771
Suspect in KC toddler’s drowning death is a 5-year-old girl

Quote Quote by DaveC426913 View Post
You ever met any five year olds?

They have as much aggression as anyone. Just watch America's Funniest Home People. Always shoving each other around.

The question is: does she realize that pushing a toddler into the dirt because it's making too much noise is different from drowning it?
It still seems very over-the-top for a child. This wasn't a quick shove in the dirt opportunity. She took the time to drag him to the tub and purposely put him in. I could understand if she accidently drowned him because she wanted to give him a bath but, putting him in there to shut him up is just unfathomable to me.
elabed haidar
Jun9-11, 08:58 AM
P: 139
wowwwwwwwwww i just cant believe what im reading , i 5 year old as a suspect
arildno
Jun9-11, 09:55 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 12,016
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAFCiEFX6ag
cristo
Jun9-11, 10:01 AM
Mentor
P: 8,317
Quote Quote by dlgoff View Post
Should she be put in jail?
No. My question would be about the whereabouts of the adults responsible for supervising a 5 year old and a baby near a bath tub!
Jimmy Snyder
Jun9-11, 10:17 AM
P: 2,179
The only witness to the murder is unreliable. It's quite possible that she murdered the boy and also possible that she just didn't like him and imagines herself to have murdered him. No one will ever know for sure.
dlgoff
Jun9-11, 12:55 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,726
Quote Quote by cristo View Post
My question would be about the whereabouts of the adults responsible for supervising a 5 year old and a baby near a bath tub!
Okay. Should they be jailed? I think so.

Quote Quote by Jimmy Snyder View Post
The only witness to the murder is unreliable. It's quite possible that she murdered the boy and also possible that she just didn't like him and imagines herself to have murdered him. No one will ever know for sure.
Very interesting. In either case, shouldn't she need to be evaluated/helped psychologically?
DaveC426913
Jun9-11, 12:59 PM
P: 15,319
Quote Quote by cristo View Post
No. My question would be about the whereabouts of the adults responsible for supervising a 5 year old and a baby near a bath tub!
I wondered about that, but they were in the care of a 16 year old, albeit one who allegedly has some unspecified mental condition.

Register to reply