Register to reply

Changing the capacitance of an object to trigger a capacitive touchscreen

by jolealdoneto
Tags: capacitance, touchscreen
Share this thread:
jolealdoneto
Jul8-11, 08:13 AM
P: 1
I'm trying to trigger a human touch in a capacitive touchscreen without the 'human' part. I've noticed that the negative pole of a battery triggers it if you are currently holding it. Or if you use the edge - why only the edge? - of a wire touching the battery and your hand. I also attached a wire in a metal bottle and connected the battery to it's end (with the battery touching the screen) and it also worked - but sometimes it also didn't.

The question is: How can I trigger a touch on the screen without the human touch, using objects from the hardware store?

I have almost no physics knowledge for this, so you guys have to tell me exactly what to do (which material, where to buy and etc).

Thank you
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Researchers use 3D printers to create custom medical implants
For secure software: X-rays instead of passport control
Razor-sharp TV pictures
Jiggy-Ninja
Jul8-11, 09:44 PM
P: 310
Quote Quote by jolealdoneto View Post
I'm trying to trigger a human touch in a capacitive touchscreen without the 'human' part. I've noticed that the negative pole of a battery triggers it if you are currently holding it. Or if you use the edge - why only the edge? - of a wire touching the battery and your hand. I also attached a wire in a metal bottle and connected the battery to it's end (with the battery touching the screen) and it also worked - but sometimes it also didn't.

The question is: How can I trigger a touch on the screen without the human touch, using objects from the hardware store?

I have almost no physics knowledge for this, so you guys have to tell me exactly what to do (which material, where to buy and etc).

Thank you
Have you tried touching it with one lead of a capacitor?

Register to reply