Arxiv endorsement code

by neelakash
Tags: arxiv, code, endorsement
Share this thread:
neelakash
Aug11-11, 02:57 AM
P: 511
Hi all,
I have written a paper which I wanted to put in arxiv classical physics section. I sent an endorsement request to an endorser in the relevant section and he agreed to endorse the paper in arxiv. He asked me to send him the 6 character alphanumeric endorsement code as suggested here:
http://arxiv.org/help/endorsement

Unfortunately, the webpage does not mention how an author gets his endorsement code. Can anyone please explain how to get the endorsement code? Should I email the administrator?

-Neel
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
'Office life' of bacteria may be their weak spot
Lunar explorers will walk at higher speeds than thought
Philips introduces BlueTouch, PulseRelief control for pain relief
cristo
Aug11-11, 05:28 AM
Mentor
P: 8,325
Have you tried to submit your paper to the relevant arxiv? Presumably when you do you will get an email with the code in it. I've never had to be endorsed or endorsed anyone, though, so this is just a guess.
neelakash
Aug11-11, 06:07 AM
Hi, my paper was on electrostatics and I put the paper on classical physics. When you submit it to arxiv, they send you a temporary id corresponding to the submitted article. If that is accepted they send a permanent link and a password as well. But they are not the endorsement code.

-Neel

cristo
Aug11-11, 08:58 AM
Mentor
P: 8,325
Arxiv endorsement code

Quote Quote by neelakash View Post
Hi, my paper was on electrostatics and I put the paper on classical physics. When you submit it to arxiv, they send you a temporary id corresponding to the submitted article. If that is accepted they send a permanent link and a password as well. But they are not the endorsement code.

-Neel
If it's accepted, then you don't need an endorser. What happens if it's not accepted? Presumably then you are sent an endorsement code.
neelakash
Aug11-11, 09:11 AM
Unfortunately, that did not happen in the past...I emailed that and they referred me back to the old page that I mentioned. That does not contain the information how does the author get the endorsement code.

Register to reply