Register to reply

Verifying solutions with partial derivatives.

by jackalope1234
Tags: derivatives, partial, solutions, verifying
Share this thread:
jackalope1234
Sep20-11, 05:27 PM
P: 9
I have no idea how to do these two questions. I know you have to take partial derivatives with respect to certain variables and the like. Basically I understand the concepts to some degree but I wouldn't know how to go about starting. If anyone can give me a starting push that is all I really need I don't want the answer.

This is the assignment page if there are troubles accessing it let me know. It is questions 3 c) and d).

http://flash.lakeheadu.ca/~fting/mat...assg1_2011.pdf

After talking with one of my peers He basically just told me to simply everything that wasn't of concern for me in the equation and treat them like constants. This is what I had originally assumed. If anyone can confirm this please let me know.

EDIT: AHAHAHAHA that was so ridiculously easy once its simplified. Carry on good sirs and this thread shall be closed. :D
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100

Register to reply