P: 154
i thought time was a catalogue of change
Ryan_m_b
Sep17-11, 01:24 PM
Mentor
P: 5,405
Quote Quote by Darken-Sol View Post
i thought time was a catalogue of change
Simplistically time is a dimension and we measure passage through that dimension. Cataloguing is to time as tape measures are to space; they observe rather than create.
andiamaj1431
Oct24-11, 05:28 PM
P: 9
Quote Quote by Gabe21 View Post
time is just an illusion created by our brains. it doesnt really exist
it should not matter if "time" has an end begining or present, bcuz if it does by chance have an end, would we even know that it has ended? wouldnt our minds still percieve the "present" as still going on into the future? how do we know that "time" has not ended already?
Ryan_m_b
Oct24-11, 05:31 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by andiamaj1431 View Post
it should not matter if "time" has an end begining or present, bcuz if it does by chance have an end, would we even know that it has ended? wouldnt our minds still percieve the "present" as still going on into the future? how do we know that "time" has not ended already?
I have no idea what you mean by if time ends or even if that statement makes sense but perception is a process that occurs through time. Therefore it is impossible for us to perceive without time and thus because we are perceiving we know that time exists and continues to exist.
andiamaj1431
Oct27-11, 05:29 PM
P: 9
i was just trying to understand if the question was referring to time ending, kinda puzzles me when time is talked about
Ryan_m_b
Dec3-11, 04:53 AM
Mentor
Over speculative posts deleted. Thread closed.

Register to reply