Jan28-11, 05:42 PM
P: 201
Feels like being addicted to crack.
Astronuc
Feb19-11, 06:10 PM
Admin
P: 21,911
When the time is right -

How to make your spouse happy (adapted from an extract from the 1877 Almanac)
  • Never speak slightingly of or to your spouse in the presence of other people (or any other time).
  • Treat your spouse as politely and kindly as when you were wooing him or her.
  • Do not neglect neatness of person and surroundings.
  • Do not speak lightly of his or her cares and fatigues, but sympathize with his or her troubles.
  • Share your pleasures and cares, and show that you value her or his society and advice.
  • Speak gently always, and do not allow your voice to become sharp and loud.
Their favorite saying: "For a happy marriage, never speak loudly to one another unless the house is on fire."
Loren Booda
Feb19-11, 07:40 PM
P: 3,408
Quote Quote by Astronuc View Post
Their favorite saying: "For a happy marriage, never speak loudly to one another unless the house is on fire."
...or you might get burned.
burkie.31
Apr10-11, 10:03 PM
P: 3
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
I'm through with love. I'm just looking for someone that can tolerate me.

Also, my older daughter "spawn" who's birthday is also today, reminded me she gave me the fruitbat and that's all the love I need in life.

I reminded her that he's a little dog and might only have another 8 years to live. She assured me I'd die first, so won't have to worry about it. She always knows how to cheer me up.
your daughter is da best! FTW
Triple_D
Apr10-11, 10:22 PM
P: 8
It's like going 80mph on a jet ski. It seems like a good idea, until you fall off.
Tregg Smith
Apr13-11, 10:40 AM
P: 48
Let's call it what it is-lust/the reptillian creative urge eminating from deep in the subconscious. We just call it love. Craving for that indescribable pleasure of the orgasm, for that beautiful creature that you can own and who will add to your "self". (that's why it tears you up when you loose it). But love for me came after years of living with her and learning to appreciate her companionship, her caring for me, learning to understand and accept her imperfections. Now when I say I love you I really mean it and not a disguise for I want, I need to own you.
Darken-Sol
Apr16-11, 06:04 AM
P: 154
love was nothing, till i lost it. everything i find now is not it. to me love is a memory
Lichdar
Apr17-11, 01:02 PM
P: 6
For me? Stability, for lack of a better word.

I've been in a steady, live-in relationship for almost two years by now. There's something to be said to be able to come home to a girl who loves me and a dinner waiting; someone who I can at least expect to care for my feelings and accept me for who I am. Our relationship might not have begun as normally as many, but there is something in the steadiness that makes both her and myself extremely happy.

I think a good deal of tolerance, communication and understanding is the ultimate secret. I can't exactly deny that my initial reasons for wanting her were primarily sexual and controlling, and her initial motivator was to be rescued; over time, though, my mutual desire to see each other happy readjusted us into something genuinely healthy for both of us. This has required concession and negotiation from both of us, but it helped that neither of us never ever seriously considered splitting as an option.
JhonMoney
Apr18-11, 12:02 AM
P: 7
no love no tention............i have decided to live forever so far so good..............
Tosh5457
Jul7-11, 07:22 PM
P: 239
Love is very tricky for me. I can have that feeling for a girl (which you call love) one day, but if that girl doesn't want anything with me, I can stop having that feeling the next day. I just have to think about her defects and voila, I don't love her anymore.

I'm not even sure that if it's love or not, when I have that feeling. Yeah, love is not a sea of roses for me... *smokes cigarette*
Loren Booda
Jul7-11, 08:03 PM
P: 3,408
The more emotional investment in a person, the more potential for intense love toward them.
Mépris
Jul20-11, 12:29 PM
P: 832
Love is ineffable in different ways, most times.
Edin_Dzeko
Jul22-11, 10:55 PM
P: 223
One doesn't "fall" in love. This whole, I got struck by Cupid's arrow is just fictitious stuff for children. Love is a decision and NOT a feeling.
Lancelot59
Jul22-11, 11:49 PM
P: 675
Quote Quote by Edin_Dzeko View Post
One doesn't "fall" in love. This whole, I got struck by Cupid's arrow is just fictitious stuff for children. Love is a decision and NOT a feeling.
I agree. It's more of an adjective describing the sum of a bunch of different emotions rather than being a feeling itself.
Mathguy15
Oct5-11, 12:08 AM
P: 63
I'm sorry for reviving this thread, but I felt this was a great thread.

What it feels like to be in love. Hmm. I'm only fifteen, but there is a girl I like very much. She's sweet, smart, funny, nice, just a very effervescent and bubbly person! Speculating on the future feelings that may be drawn out of me by this girl, I would say being in love is finding that part of you you knew was missing but didn't know how to fill. You feel as though the one and you are inextricably linked, in a way that draws you naturally to him/her. As you accept the faults in yourself, you accept the faults in that person. They show you new outlooks and ideas. You feed off each other, enriching each other in a way that is incomprehensible to everyone accept the two of you.
aabottom
Oct27-11, 08:05 PM
P: 15
Love is when a friend asks you for another push on the tricycle, and it's the 147th time, but you do it anyway.

Quote Quote by Chronos View Post
The only woman who ever annoyed me forgot to lock the door when she left. I ran into her again a year later. She was annoyed I did not hate her.
Thanks Chronos, the most hysterical post in the thread.
shashankac655
Nov6-11, 10:12 PM
P: 36
"When one is in love, one always begins by deceiving one's self, and one always ends by deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance."
— Oscar Wilde
Topher925
Nov6-11, 10:52 PM
P: 1,672
What it feels like to fall in love? Like suffering from a severe head injury making me dazed and confused followed by having my heart ripped out like in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Ok, so I've never actually been in "love" but I imagine that this is what it would be like.

Register to reply