Register to reply

Math/Physics Bachelors Degree?

by gebrial
Tags: math, physics, research, university
Share this thread:
gebrial
Nov11-11, 02:36 PM
P: 16
Okay, so right now I'm scheduled to go to University for Aerospace Engineering but I'm having second thoughts. I got into it b/c I love math and physics and I thought that since I also love everything space related this would be the perfect program for me.

Now I'm thinking that I should go directly into a math or physics program. I think that I would enjoy the program itself as well as the possibility of a research career after university. I realize that I would probably have to get a Masters, or more likely a PhD, but I can do that.

My only problem is I don't know how hard or easy it is to get a career in research. I'd much rather be a "mathematician" if they are still around, but being a physicist is not bad at all.

tl;dr what would it take to get into a research career in math or physics. This means what level of degree and how hard would it be after I get it.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Security CTO to detail Android Fake ID flaw at Black Hat
Huge waves measured for first time in Arctic Ocean
Mysterious molecules in space

Register to reply