Register to reply

I want to sleep with my Professor

by EternityMech
Tags: professor, sleep
Share this thread:
EternityMech
Dec2-11, 06:04 AM
P: 93
Shes really hot is it ok? I know its unethical for professors to persue students but what if i persue her? Anybody else have this problem?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
TheStatutoryApe
Dec2-11, 07:06 AM
P: 1,550
Assuming that she would actually reciprocate your lust she could lose her job. Do you think that is an acceptable risk?
I like Serena
Dec2-11, 07:17 AM
HW Helper
P: 6,188
Quote Quote by TheStatutoryApe View Post
Assuming that she would actually reciprocate your lust she could lose her job. Do you think that is an acceptable risk?
Oh please, do you really think she could lose her job over something like that?
Perhaps in high school, but not in college!
(We're talking college aren't we?)
Let's start with the question whether she feels the same...

lisab
Dec2-11, 07:19 AM
Mentor
P: 2,990
I want to sleep with my Professor

Quote Quote by EternityMech View Post
Shes really hot is it ok? I know its unethical for professors to persue students but what if i persue her? Anybody else have this problem?
It's not OK if she's your current professor, or if you will take any classes from her in the future.
EternityMech
Dec2-11, 08:34 AM
P: 93
well she keeps touching my arm (i have big arms) so ya i think so. she is my professor and i want to join the phd program under her. is that more ok phd student and professor?
turbo
Dec2-11, 08:46 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by EternityMech View Post
well she keeps touching my arm (i have big arms) so ya i think so. she is my professor and i want to join the phd program under her. is that more ok phd student and professor?
Still no. If you want a professional (for her) relationship to be slanted by a personal relationship, you're setting yourself up for problems. The PhD process is going to take a while, and you'll be heavily reliant on her guidance. Do you want to guess what might happen if your personal relationship chills?
D H
Dec2-11, 08:53 AM
Mentor
P: 15,173
Quote Quote by I like Serena View Post
Oh please, do you really think she could lose her job over something like that?
Perhaps in high school, but not in college!
Yes.

A high school teacher will get fired and get put in jail. A college professor (assuming the student is of age) will only get fired.
I like Serena
Dec2-11, 08:53 AM
HW Helper
I kind of believe in romance.
I'd say to prepare for disappointment, but who's to say it can't be so?
Any bridge can be crossed when you get there (or not depending on how things turn out).
Assuming you are both adults (are you?), I believe anything goes.
I like Serena
Dec2-11, 08:56 AM
HW Helper
Quote Quote by D H View Post
Yes.

A high school teacher will get fired and get put in jail. A college professor (assuming the student is of age) will only get fired.
Do you have a reference for that?
I can imagine that there are extreme cases, but I find it hard to believe it is common practice.
Andre
Dec2-11, 08:58 AM
PF Gold
P: 5,459
I kind of believe in romance.
I'd say to prepare for disappointment, but who's to say it can't be so?
Any bridge can be crossed when you get there (or not depending on how things turn out).
Assuming you are both adults (are you?), I believe anything goes.
I would tend to agree but I guess we are in another culture. There is a substantial difference in first world problems like this.
Jimmy Snyder
Dec2-11, 09:00 AM
P: 2,179
Most students sleep with their professors.
D H
Dec2-11, 09:12 AM
Mentor
Do you have a reference for that?
Here's one, at a fairly prestigious, non-religious school. There are plenty of others.
http://yalealumnimagazine.com/issues...lv_sex015.html
After more than a quarter century of debate, Yale faculty members are now barred from sexual relationships with undergraduates—not just their own students, but any Yale undergrads.

Previously, the university had prohibited such relationships only when the faculty member had “direct pedagogical or supervisory responsibilities” over the student. That remains the rule for affairs between faculty and graduate or professional students, and between grad students and undergrads.

Just because faculty-student romances and flings do happen doesn't mean they are kosher.
I like Serena
Dec2-11, 09:26 AM
HW Helper
Here's one, at a fairly prestigious, non-religious school. There are plenty of others.
http://yalealumnimagazine.com/issues...lv_sex015.html
All right, so it's not against the law, but is is against the policy of some faculties.
In practice this does not make one yot of difference, except in extreme cases where the faculty can claim it's against the rules.
D H
Dec2-11, 09:28 AM
Mentor
All right, so it's not against the law, but is is against the policy of some faculties.
That's exactly what I said earlier: "A college professor (assuming the student is of age) will only get fired."
neyzenyelda
Dec2-11, 09:31 AM
P: 22
I have already married my professor. both of us fired!
I like Serena
Dec2-11, 09:32 AM
HW Helper
That's exactly what I said earlier: "A college professor (assuming the student is of age) will only get fired."
All right.
Again, in practice this won't happen, unless things escalate...
jtbell
Dec2-11, 09:33 AM
Mentor
P: 11,787
This of course applies in the USA. The OP may very well be somewhere else.
Evo
Dec2-11, 09:35 AM
Mentor
P: 26,560
All right.
Again, in practice this won't happen, unless things escalate...
Please don't post things that you know nothing about. Apparently you didn't even bother googling the issue. Maybe in "your country" you are not aware of any issues, then state that. I only know of the US, has anyone asked the OP in which country he attends school? He might live in a country with very lax rules, he may not. The best advice is that it *may* be a problem, check with the student union, or something comparable.

Register to reply