So, got a number and email, but...

by cbetanco
Tags: email, number
Share this thread:
dacruick
Dec6-11, 02:17 PM
P: 1,084
Quote Quote by cbetanco View Post
Ok, well no response. I guess I should have called. Better luck next time... Or I am probably just getting impatient for having to wait a reasonable amount of time. Anyway, better to keep expectations low.
I agree that it's better to keep expectations low. I don't think you've given it enough time though.
wasteofo2
Dec6-11, 06:32 PM
P: 1,522
Hope it works for you man, though in general, going nuts about how great someone is and how much you liked them after only spending a short amount of time with them comes off poorly.

You seem desperate, she begins to think she's above you. Don't wanna put her above you.

You're getting back in touch, you obviously want to see her again, that's enough.

If she doesn't get back in touch via email, give it a day or two then call her. Be more casual, she obviously dug you at first, so you can play it cool. Talk about some random BS for a minute or two, tell her what you've been doing, something interesting, then ask her to have drinks/go dancing.
lisab
Dec6-11, 10:40 PM
Mentor
P: 2,974
Ok, well no response. I guess I should have called. Better luck next time... Or I am probably just getting impatient for having to wait a reasonable amount of time. Anyway, better to keep expectations low.

Like Homer Simpson once said "You tried your best, and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." (don't really believe this, just makes me smile thinking of Simpson's quotes)
Maybe she's posting on the forum she goes to....

Omgomgomg...that guy I posted about, he sent me an email! What do I do? Do I wait a few days, or write back now? What should I say? Should I just play cool? What do I do, what do I do, what do I do?!
turbo
Dec6-11, 11:20 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
Maybe she's posting on the forum she goes to....
Cute, basil!!!!!
cbetanco
Dec7-11, 04:16 AM
P: 135
Well, I got a message back along the lines of "I can't believe you would email me! Ewww, you creeper. What makes you think I would like YOU!? I was just trying to be nice, but you took it too far! Please, never contact me again, EVER!" ....

No, I'm just kidding. She wrote back and said she had a great time as well and she definitely wants to see me again. I guess I just get impatient sometimes (I'm the kind of person that needs results right away, and waiting is my least favorite thing ever). Maybe its because I check my email like 20 times a day, and expect everyone else to do the same. But, I am much worse at responding to email. Usually, if its important, I don't respond for a week. If its my mother, usually takes a month (my poor mother). Why do people tend to feel rejected after having to wait a very reasonable amount of time (or am I the only one who feels like this)?

Well, thanks everyone for your support. I guess after being in a 6 year relationship, I just forgot what to do in such a situation, and it was nice to get encouragement.
turbo
Dec7-11, 05:11 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Way to go! Try not to be too needy, always listen and look for visual cues, too. Women want you to pay attention AND still want a comfort zone. Especially during the "getting to know you" phase.
wasteofo2
Dec7-11, 03:20 PM
P: 1,522
No, I'm just kidding. She wrote back and said she had a great time as well and she definitely wants to see me again.
Great that you found a girl who's so honest and straightforward.

Judging from how eager she sounds to hang out with you, you should kiss her next time you see her. Not right off the bad, but y'know, assuming you want to kiss her, you ought to do it instead of putting it off.

Don't be afraid to put your arm around her, hold her hand, whatever, just go for what you want. Judging how eager she was to hear from you, she's hoping you'll kiss her too.
Astronuc
Dec7-11, 08:44 PM
Admin
P: 21,810
Well, I got a message back along the lines of "I can't believe you would email me! Ewww, you creeper. What makes you think I would like YOU!? I was just trying to be nice, but you took it too far! Please, never contact me again, EVER!" ....

No, I'm just kidding. She wrote back and said she had a great time as well and she definitely wants to see me again. I guess I just get impatient sometimes (I'm the kind of person that needs results right away, and waiting is my least favorite thing ever). Maybe its because I check my email like 20 times a day, and expect everyone else to do the same. But, I am much worse at responding to email. Usually, if its important, I don't respond for a week. If its my mother, usually takes a month (my poor mother). Why do people tend to feel rejected after having to wait a very reasonable amount of time (or am I the only one who feels like this)?

Well, thanks everyone for your support. I guess after being in a 6 year relationship, I just forgot what to do in such a situation, and it was nice to get encouragement.
Practice being patient! Enjoy one another's company.

Register to reply