Register to reply

PF Random Thoughts

by protonchain
Tags: random
Share this thread:
Jimmy Snyder
Dec9-11, 04:42 PM
P: 2,179
When I bought that 5 carat yellow diamond at Walmart I saved over $250,000 over what the same ring would have cost at Tiffany's. How do they do it? Volume. The setting wasn't as nice, but I figured my wife wouldn't notice. Big mistake. My wife spent the next two years telling everyone how cheap I am. Then the diamond broke and since it was out warranty, it would cost more to fix it than to buy a new one. From now on I only buy diamonds from stores that charge more than they're worth.
turbo
Dec9-11, 04:44 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
Okay, this is really not meant to annoy Turbo, I just forgot to mention this about the concert.

I got Orchestra Pit, center! NO KIDDING!!! I think I got the very first seat in the house.

And this isn't from some shady operation. I have valid confirmation a number of ways. I never realized what was possible for events like these, if you do your homework.
Concert pit center!! I hope you are thrilled by your concert. I had front-row tickets to the Allman Brothers (Duane was my hero) and Duane got killed before the tour. We got the starting concerts in each tour, because the rural NE area was a safe place to start out and audition your set and your show.

BTW, are these "hugging" tickets?
Ivan Seeking
Dec9-11, 05:07 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,497
Quote Quote by turbo View Post
Concert pit center!! I hope you are thrilled by your concert. I had front-row tickets to the Allman Brothers (Duane was my hero) and Duane got killed before the tour. We got the starting concerts in each tour, because the rural NE area was a safe place to start out and audition your set and your show.

BTW, are these "hugging" tickets?
I am truly excited about this, and that doesn't happen much anymore.

Yes, I get some exclusive time with Jackie and presumably her dad, and Foster - her pianist and her current producer. There is a photo op and all sorts of stuff. Since I haven't had a vacation in twelve years and I actually WANTED to do this, I didn'r worry about price. And beyond the price of the package, I have a flight to pay for as well. She isn't appearing anywhere around here and apparently won't be for at least a year. I won'y say which event but it is part of her West Coast tour.
micromass
Dec9-11, 05:29 PM
Mentor
P: 18,019
WOW!

netgypsy
Dec9-11, 08:12 PM
P: 239
I am truly excited about this, and that doesn't happen much anymore.
Can't wait for a full update after the event. Thanks for sharing.
Ivan Seeking
Dec9-11, 11:01 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by netgypsy View Post
Can't wait for a full update after the event. Thanks for sharing.
It's still a few months away.
turbo
Dec9-11, 11:18 PM
PF Gold
If there is somebody that you truly want to see live, and you can get orchestra pit tickets (live up-front concert seating) it's hard to beat that. Hopefully, the sound/production-values, etc are best-quality.
Ivan Seeking
Dec9-11, 11:40 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
If there is somebody that you truly want to see live, and you can get orchestra pit tickets (live up-front concert seating) it's hard to beat that. Hopefully, the sound/production-values, etc are best-quality.
Funny thing is that I thought I was in the Orchestra section when I purchased the ticket. I didn't even realize i was in the pit until later. Talk about a nice surprise!!!

There was no seat selection. Apparently it was first come, first served, with automatic seat assignments. So I guess I was placing the order at the right place, within seconds of availablilty. She is probably the hottest ticket in town.

I wasn't this excited about seeing the Stones or EJ. What has this little girl done to me?!?!?!
turbo
Dec9-11, 11:51 PM
PF Gold
Funny thing is that I thought I was in the Orchestra section when I purchased the ticket. I didn't even realize i was in the pit until later. Talk about a nice surprise!!!

There was no seat selection. Apparently it was first come, first served, with automatic seat assignments. So I guess I was placing the order at the right place, within seconds of availablilty. She is probably the hottest ticket in town.
I hope you have a very nice concert experience. She is not my "cup of tea", but I have to admit that she is scary-good for her age. A few years back (OK, more than a few), some musicians gave me some crap because I gave props to Johnny Lang and started featuring a few of his songs (original or derivatives) in my sets. Anybody who plays blues should be quite aware that you have to steal material and adapt it. You should be smart enough to steal from the best, though.
Ivan Seeking
Dec9-11, 11:59 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
I hope you have a very nice concert experience. She is not my "cup of tea", but I have to admit that she is scary-good for her age. A few years back (OK, more than a few), some musicians gave me some crap because I gave props to Johnny Lang and started featuring a few of his songs (original or derivatives) in my sets. Anybody who plays blues should be quite aware that you have to steal material and adapt it. You should be smart enough to steal from the best, though.
I have always loved classical crossover. But what really made me fall in love with modern opera is the same thing that caused Jackie to fall in love with MO and what actually ignited her career, Phantom of the Opera. Tsu and I saw the opening of Phantom in Los Angeles and it was absolutely magical - one of the most memorable evenings of my life. Jackie saw the movie, and now we have Jackie.

What Jackie did, I think, was touch on something deep inside that i had nearly lost - too many years at the grinding stone, I guess.
turbo
Dec10-11, 12:01 AM
PF Gold
I am happy for your and Tsu, and hope your concert experience is wonderful.
rootX
Dec10-11, 02:16 AM
P: 1,294
by the time i picked a girl to approach, the party was over!

This is why I don't go to +25 parties
Borek
Dec10-11, 02:25 AM
Admin
P: 23,363
Quote Quote by rootX View Post
by the time i picked a girl to approach, the party was over!

This is why I don't go to +25 parties
Perhaps you are too picky.
rootX
Dec10-11, 02:27 AM
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
Perhaps you are too picky.

I decided get bit more drunk and hit on a girl but the party was over

Maybe I am too picky!
Borek
Dec10-11, 02:44 AM
Admin
P: 23,363
I decided get bit more drunk and hit on a girl but the party was over
Alternatively: you drink too slow.
rootX
Dec10-11, 02:49 AM
Nonetheless, I wasn't impressed even though I had so much alcohol that my friend said I am a monster

Do you really get impressed by those thin head girls dancing? You need get really really drunk to find them attractive.
zoobyshoe
Dec10-11, 02:58 AM
P: 5,625
Do you really get impressed by those thin head girls dancing? You need get really really drunk to find them attractive.
What's a "thin head girl"?
turbo
Dec10-11, 08:23 AM
PF Gold
"thin head"? Is that a typo that is escaping me? Looking at my keyboard, I don't see a reasonable typo...

Register to reply