Register to reply

Discussing new ideas without breaking Forum rules

by utesfan100
Tags: discussing, ideas, rules
Share this thread:
utesfan100
Jan18-12, 10:30 AM
P: 100
I work as staff at a community college (state college starting this year, still getting used to the name change) tutoring lab and have had some ideas on a physical theory. I have shown my ideas to the Physics professor, who asked me what I am still doing here, I should be somewhere where I can discuss my ideas with people qualified to asses them.

I have written up my ideas, including the testable differences with the current theories, and had them returned from two journals without review. It has been submitted to a third.

Forum rules here prohibit the discussion of non-published theories. Where can I go to just have someone provide constructive criticism for my theory?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
utesfan100
Jan18-12, 02:03 PM
I suppose this post is now moot, as the paper has become reference number 420257 at Classical and Quantum PhysicsGravity.

It should be interesting to here what the reviewers have to say!

EDIT NOTE: DOH!
micromass
Jan18-12, 02:10 PM
Mentor
P: 18,323
Discussing of personal theories isn't allowed anywhere on physicsforums. However, I'm sure a simple google search will bring up forums where such a thing is allowed.

Evo
Jan18-12, 02:15 PM
Mentor
P: 26,552
Discussing new ideas without breaking Forum rules

Quote Quote by utesfan100 View Post
I suppose this post is now moot, as the paper has become reference number 420257 at Classical and Quantum Physics.

It should be interesting to here what the reviewers have to say!
What is "Classical and Quantum Physics"? Nothing comes up in Google and it's not in the master journal list.
PAllen
Jan18-12, 02:36 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 5,059
Perhaps meant is "Classical and Quantum Gravity", a major journal.
utesfan100
Jan18-12, 02:44 PM
Quote Quote by micromass View Post
Discussing of personal theories isn't allowed anywhere on physicsforums. However, I'm sure a simple google search will bring up forums where such a thing is allowed.
I am now content waiting for the reviewers opinions.

Had I not received the e-mail between my original post and second post, I would have asked for a recommendation for such a forum. Few forums have the quality of discussion I have witnessed here.

Register to reply