Handicapped peoples love

by sameev29
Tags: handicapped, love, peoples
Saladsamurai
Nov27-11, 12:57 PM
P: 3,012
Quote Quote by sameev29 View Post
I have both of my legs.The problem is my left leg is little bit short than the right one.That's why I am lame legged,I can't walk straightly like a normal person.I don't act rudely or bad with anyone.But still girls think about me differently.Like I am innocent or something like that.
Don't worry about it buddy! It's all in your attitude. If you let your "disability" get the best of you, then it truly is a disability. If you move on with life and try not to let it get on the way, girls will take notice of that. If you don't care about your leg, why should they? Seriously, get a fancy looking cane like Dr. House (if you already have a British accent, you're all set! just kidding )

Also, get some sort if funny shirt that says something like: "One of my legs is shorter than the other and all I got is this lousy T-shirt" or something. Seriously, show people that you are totally comfortable with the way you walk and act and they will respect you for it. I have a couple of friends from college who walk with a limp and cane and they pull it off just fine.

Do you mind me asking how old you are? Just curious
sameev29
Nov27-11, 08:51 PM
P: 20
Quote Quote by Saladsamurai View Post
Don't worry about it buddy! It's all in your attitude. If you let your "disability" get the best of you, then it truly is a disability. If you move on with life and try not to let it get on the way, girls will take notice of that. If you don't care about your leg, why should they? Seriously, get a fancy looking cane like Dr. House (if you already have a British accent, you're all set! just kidding )

Also, get some sort if funny shirt that says something like: "One of my legs is shorter than the other and all I got is this lousy T-shirt" or something. Seriously, show people that you are totally comfortable with the way you walk and act and they will respect you for it. I have a couple of friends from college who walk with a limp and cane and they pull it off just fine.

Do you mind me asking how old you are? Just curious
I am 20 years.But I feel very bad about this.
lisab
Nov27-11, 09:09 PM
Mentor
P: 2,917
It's tough at 20. Many people around that age are too concerned with appearances. But that's just due to immaturity.

But the fact is, most of us don't look like super models, and don't get attention showered on us simply for breathing. (Turns out that's probably a blessing but that's off topic!) So, we must develop other skills. Social skills, I mean - kindness, charm, wit. That sort of thing.

What sort of socializing do you do? Clubs, volunteer work, hobbies?
sameev29
Nov27-11, 10:24 PM
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
It's tough at 20. Many people around that age are too concerned with appearances. But that's just due to immaturity.

But the fact is, most of us don't look like super models, and don't get attention showered on us simply for breathing. (Turns out that's probably a blessing but that's off topic!) So, we must develop other skills. Social skills, I mean - kindness, charm, wit. That sort of thing.

What sort of socializing do you do? Clubs, volunteer work, hobbies?

I am not doing any socializing now.I stay at home almost all the time except going to school,sometimes going out with friends and if there is any other important works outside.I look very bad when I walk,people keeps looking at me and sometimes they talk among themselves.And girls I don't know,maybe they hate people like me very much and scold me too.
lisab
Nov27-11, 10:36 PM
Mentor
P: 2,917
I am not doing any socializing now.I stay at home almost all the time except going to school,sometimes going out with friends and if there is any other important works outside.I look very bad when I walk,people keeps looking at me and sometimes they talk among themselves.And girls I don't know,maybe they hate people like me very much and scold me too.
I suggest you get involved in some sort of social activity. For example, join a club. I sense you're insecure the way you walk - you need to interact with people in a way that doesn't involve walking.
sameev29
Nov30-11, 06:00 AM
Is it okay if I walk or go in front of modern girls or will they feel uncomfortable with me around.
widereader
Dec21-11, 05:13 AM
P: 0
Yes, I have known of a beautiful woman who married a blind person. I believe if there is a degree in disabilities, being blind is more difficult than having one leg. I know of this couple personally and they live in the Philippines
feathermoon
Jan3-12, 01:21 AM
P: 60
Do you own a cane? A nice cane can be a gentlemanly status symbol. If the leg really bugged you, get an interesting cane to deflect conversation.

Confidence is really the main thing, either way. As long as you have other qualities you're proud of and focus on them instead of deficiencies, you'll have a shot at anything.
burklegirl
Jan18-12, 01:25 AM
P: n/a
You shouldn't ever be ashamed of your disability!

I see no qualms emotionally or physically when it comes to physical disabilities. I recently saw an attractive man at a restaurant last month who was using a wheelchair. If I weren't so shy, I would have approached him or given him my number.

I also suffer from a limp and wear a brace due to a nervous system dystrophy that attacks my joints that I developed as a child. I understand how it can attack your self-esteem. I still sometimes feel self conscious around the opposite see. I understand your feelings completely, and empathize more than you realize. Growing up with a disability doesn't always make you feel so great about yourself.

However, I have been approached many times regardless of my limp. I even was once approached while in my wheelchair. None of these men struck my interest but it proved that a having a limp, using a wheelchair etc. does NOT make you undateable.

To be basic, there's always someone out there who will love you for you regardless of your disability or personality flaws. Once you accept yourself and realize how great of a person that you are, others will be able to realize it too.
Antiphon
Jan18-12, 09:33 PM
P: 1,781
Some men are missing a leg.

Others are missing motivation, charisma, earning power, humor, courage, health, decency, compassion, libido, common sense, good hygiene, integrity, valor and a conscience.

All in all a missing limb is not enough (maybe not important enough) information to decide whether love is warranted or deserved.
TheStatutoryApe
Jan19-12, 01:37 AM
P: 1,549
Is it okay if I walk or go in front of modern girls or will they feel uncomfortable with me around.
It may depend on your country and its culture but I would say that in most cases your discomfort is likely to be the only thing that will make others uncomfortable. I fell in love with a woman who had a similar disability. She was always gorgeous and sexy. Men approached her frequently. She was very confident and did not allow her disability to make her feel less attractive or any less a person.

As for disabled men getting ladies... Lord Byron had a clubfoot and walked with a limp and cane and was apparently quite the lady's man (and man's man as well).
sameev29
Jan28-12, 02:34 PM
What if a girl starts liking me and than goes out with me.When the other beautiful and stylish girls will see her with me they might make fun.What will she think if something like this happens?Maybe she will leave me and never love a person like me.

I don't know I am starting to hate normal physically healthy people for some time now.I think they are THE SOURCE OF PROBLEM for me and people who are like me.Sometimes even I think my friends are also healthy people from the same healthy race.Are healthy people really our true enemy?
Moonbear
Jan28-12, 02:46 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257
I'm going to be blunt, because I think it's needed here. Your leg will not be a problem for meeting women, and a limp is no big deal. Your insecurities about your own appearance will be a problem. Insecurity isn't attractive to mature women who are not bothered by a limp. Likewise, sitting at home and not socializing will reduce your chances to zero. Deal with why YOU are not comfortable with your appearance, and get out and be social. You may need to seek help from a professional psychologist if you can't get over your insecurities on your own.
DaveC426913
Jan28-12, 04:27 PM
P: 15,325
Quote Quote by Moonbear View Post
I'm going to be blunt, because I think it's needed here. Your leg will not be a problem for meeting women, and a limp is no big deal. Your insecurities about your own appearance will be a problem. Insecurity isn't attractive to mature women who are not bothered by a limp. Likewise, sitting at home and not socializing will reduce your chances to zero. Deal with why YOU are not comfortable with your appearance, and get out and be social. You may need to seek help from a professional psychologist if you can't get over your insecurities on your own.
+1

10 chars
sameev29
Jan29-12, 01:33 PM
What if I love someone and she likes me as a friend but doesn't understand my real feelings for her.How can I let her know about this?When she finds out what if she gets angry and starts hating me.
DaveC426913
Jan29-12, 05:07 PM
P: 15,325
What if I love someone and she likes me as a friend but doesn't understand my real feelings for her.How can I let her know about this?When she finds out what if she gets angry and starts hating me.
Why would she get angry? Why would she hate you? Do you plan to be mean to her?
Moonbear
Jan29-12, 08:11 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257
And what if she feels the same way about you, but you're both too afraid to ever say anything about it? I don't agree it's right or fair, but it is still quite common for women to wait for a man to make the first move. If she is your friend, she won't be angry. At worst, it will be a little awkward a few days if she doesn't feel as strongly about you and tells you so, but some of the best relationships grow from friendships.

Seriously, these are your own inner insecurities speaking. I really think you should seek professional help to understand why you feel this way and to help you gain confidence. Were you teased a lot as a kid, perhaps? Things like that can be hard to get over and to accept that adults are not children. A psychologist can help you sort through those issues. It's way more than we can help you with over the internet.
sameev29
Feb4-12, 04:25 PM
Quote Quote by DaveC426913 View Post
Why would she get angry? Why would she hate you? Do you plan to be mean to her?

The fact is she is a lot childish in many manners.She works as a part time reporter in a child based news program of a tv channel.She has met and known many many people.She also has another very very good friend who is also handicapped.His condition is serious than mine.He requires a stick to walk,can't walk fast or run.He is very nice,I am also friends with him.But she speaks with him many times a day on the phone.She tells all of her problems to him for help.She also talks with me everyday on the phone but lees than with him.I don't know maybe she really loves him.I am scared as she has more good male friends.

I don't know what to do .But she is the most affectionate and understanding female person I have ever met.Moreover I don't know if my mother will want her as my future wife.I can't go against my mom.In appearance she is shorter than me but as white as me,she isn't good in studies ,my family is much richer than her's(I am not making fun of her,just saying).We are just about to finish high school in a few months.

I never had any regular contact with any girl before.This has made my other friends,teachers much more suspective.They are warning her about having contact with me as the final high school graduation exam is very close.Last night she was telling me about the warning she got.I became angry about it.Then I behaved rough with her,telling her that normal healthy people are bad,she is also one of them.I feel bad about it now.

I don't know where this is going.I am scared very much at this moment.I feel pain in my chest when I think about these.Don't know what to do.

Register to reply