RFAC in Fortran

by mushi
Tags: rfac
mushi
Feb9-12, 12:46 AM
P: 23
Hi guys,

I know I may sound stupid to me many of you but can anybody tell me what does 'rfac' do in Fortran.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Lifting the brakes on fuel efficiency
PsiKick's batteryless sensors poised for coming 'Internet of things'
Researcher launches successful tech start-up to help the blind
Sourabh N
Feb9-12, 04:46 AM
P: 634
I don't understand your question. Can you provide some context?
mushi
Feb9-12, 09:32 AM
P: 23
Actually I am working on a code that has been written by someone else and I found 'rfac(X)' in that code. The code is written in Fortran and I am trying to use it in Matlab. I have checked everywhere but could not find any function named 'rfac'.

I hope I am clear now.

jim hardy
Feb9-12, 01:25 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 3,139

RFAC in Fortran

my guess is it's a locally defined variable or function.

a google search on 'rfac fortran' turns up lots of incidences but in ones i found it was defined in the code.
maybe something passed to a sub?

can you do text search on the program?
gsal
Feb10-12, 05:02 AM
P: 838
have you done a text search for rfac in all your fortran sources? I usually work on Linux and a 'grep' for a given function or variable name returns all the places where is being used...you can gain a lot of insight very quickly by viewing all the usage for a given variable/function.

Register to reply