RFAC in Fortran

by mushi
Tags: rfac
Share this thread:
mushi
Feb9-12, 12:46 AM
P: 23
Hi guys,

I know I may sound stupid to me many of you but can anybody tell me what does 'rfac' do in Fortran.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
A spray-on light show on four wheels: Darkside Scientific
Research project on accident-avoiding vehicle concluded
Smaller artificial magnetic conductors allow for more compact antenna hardware
Sourabh N
Feb9-12, 04:46 AM
P: 633
I don't understand your question. Can you provide some context?
mushi
Feb9-12, 09:32 AM
P: 23
Actually I am working on a code that has been written by someone else and I found 'rfac(X)' in that code. The code is written in Fortran and I am trying to use it in Matlab. I have checked everywhere but could not find any function named 'rfac'.

I hope I am clear now.

jim hardy
Feb9-12, 01:25 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 3,736
RFAC in Fortran

my guess is it's a locally defined variable or function.

a google search on 'rfac fortran' turns up lots of incidences but in ones i found it was defined in the code.
maybe something passed to a sub?

can you do text search on the program?
gsal
Feb10-12, 05:02 AM
P: 898
have you done a text search for rfac in all your fortran sources? I usually work on Linux and a 'grep' for a given function or variable name returns all the places where is being used...you can gain a lot of insight very quickly by viewing all the usage for a given variable/function.

Register to reply