PF Random Thoughts

by protonchain
Tags: random
Share this thread:
Mépris
Feb11-12, 09:33 AM
P: 832
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe View Post
I am so happy. The Sci-Fi channel is showing that fine, fine motion picture Leprechaun again right now.
I was just about to say the same thing. Not the Leprechaun part, unfortunately (?).

I am so happy. Manchester United won. I still think Luis Suarez was a bit of a tosser but nevertheless, the win and performance made me happy. As did the beers I shared with my dad. ;)

I got a math book today that actually makes drilling for my stupid standardised exam much, much less painful. Studied for about two hours.

Last night, I went to the movies with my parents to watch a Hindi film. I didn't have very high hopes for it and would have been very satisfied by just "not wanting to strangle myself" at any point during the film. To my surprise, the film was in fact quite enjoyable. Kareena Kapoor and the guy, both of which (especially the guy) have starred in a number of romantic comedies and it seems that they've finally been able to get it right. If it were not for the Hindi (shame I don't understand much of it - the subtitles takes me a long way), it might as well have been a Hollywood flick. Even the music was nice! No ridiculous dance scenes where the actors change clothes every few seconds either!!!
7/10

To top it off, I happened to read about some rather encouraging news about international students and financial aid for undergraduate study.

All of the above looks quite normal but one should note that I've spent rather uneventful weeks as of late... :-)
netgypsy
Feb11-12, 11:59 AM
P: 239
I have a resident house lizard and I'm worried that there is not enough for it to eat right now. What can one feed a resident house lizard when bugs are scarce???
GregJ
Feb11-12, 12:52 PM
P: 67
Need a decent sci-fi to watch tonight. Something I haven't seen. Sigh... so tough to find something worth watching
turbo
Feb11-12, 12:56 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by netgypsy View Post
I have a resident house lizard and I'm worried that there is not enough for it to eat right now. What can one feed a resident house lizard when bugs are scarce???
Pet shops carry meal-worms for that, and they are cheap.
Ivan Seeking
Feb11-12, 01:02 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,501
Quote Quote by GregJ View Post
Need a decent sci-fi to watch tonight. Something I haven't seen. Sigh... so tough to find something worth watching
http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=290242
lisab
Feb11-12, 05:11 PM
Mentor
P: 3,002
I bludgeoned myself with the chain rule today .
zoobyshoe
Feb12-12, 02:53 AM
P: 5,637
Is it a meme yet?
Moonbear
Feb12-12, 07:54 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Migraine finally went away, so now I finally feel wide awake and functional, just as it nears bedtime. I really think I'm just meant to live a vampiric lifestyle.
Ivan Seeking
Feb12-12, 08:07 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,501
Quote Quote by Moonbear View Post
Migraine finally went away, so now I finally feel wide awake and functional, just as it nears bedtime. I really think I'm just meant to live a vampiric lifestyle.
My sleep schedule is all messed up. That seems to happen whenever the humiidity gets high. I lose a night and have a heck of a time recovering. And I really need to focus this week.

Tsu and I have both worked late schedules for so long that a regular daytime schedule seems strange. We are both creatures of the night.
ThomasT
Feb12-12, 08:14 PM
P: 1,414
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
My sleep schedule is all messed up. That seems to happen whenever the humiidity gets high. I lose a night and have a heck of a time recovering. And I really need to focus this week.

Tsu and I have both worked late schedules for so long that a regular daytime schedule seems strange. We are both creatures of the night.
Your avatar does look sort of noirish. By the way, I watched the Meltdown. Had seen it before. I thought the other one was more alarming in a certain sense that I won't elaborate, this being the random thoughts thread. Bon nuit.
lisab
Feb12-12, 08:46 PM
Mentor
Weird. I can't believe it's only 6:45. It feels much, much later to me - maybe 3 hours later.

I can't remember the last time my mental clock was this far off.
OmCheeto
Feb12-12, 09:59 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,435
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
Weird. I can't believe it's only 6:45. It feels much, much later to me - maybe 3 hours later.

I can't remember the last time my mental clock was this far off.
It's the quickening......

Once only sensed by Art Bell and his followers, it will eventually be sensed by everyone, up until the final moment, when we all begin, our final journey.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou6JNQwPWE0

Except for some, who around 4:50, start getting attacked by bats and dogs, and have to shut the video off.

----------------------------------
OMG! Keir Dullea is 75! It is the quickening!
/me pulls sheets over head.
netgypsy
Feb12-12, 09:59 PM
Another night owl here. I recall having to drop an 8 o clock optics class and a PE class too because I just couldn't function. Actually managed to teach a 7am early bird class for several years but have slid back into my old ways lately.

Gonna get cold tonight.
Moonbear
Feb12-12, 10:13 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Another night owl here. I recall having to drop an 8 o clock optics class and a PE class too because I just couldn't function. Actually managed to teach a 7am early bird class for several years but have slid back into my old ways lately.

Gonna get cold tonight.
This semester, I teach at 8 or 9 AM two days a week, 1 or 2 pm one day a week, 10 or 11 am the fourth day, and one day off. I was supposed to have this month off to work on another project, but another faculty member got very sick and I've been covering for her. I prefer the fall semester. I do have to teach all day starting at 8 am for the first month, but then I only teach afternoon classes the rest of the semester, so can sleep in the mornings and stay up late at night to grade and prep, which works well for me. I don't function well with some mornings and some afternoons, because I need to get up mornings every day to keep the schedule and not oversleep, but then I feel useless the rest of the day.

When it was around 7 pm tonight, it felt like 10 or 11 to me, so maybe there was a temporary time warp. Though, that was before my migraine went away. Now it's actually 11 pm and I'm too wide awake to sleep after napping all day.
netgypsy
Feb12-12, 11:53 PM
After a migraine I'm totally "zoned out" for about three hours after it ceases - like I'm in another dimension. Maybe endorphins or some sort of natural pain killer because caffeine kills them if I catch it soon enough but I still get that "out of body" experience as though I took something like morphine. Used to need an opiate but caffeine works just as well now thank goodness. Otherwise it's "please shoot me".

Time to preheat the electric blanket.
turbo
Feb13-12, 03:21 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
After more than 3 years of 12-16 hour days in construction, followed by another 10 years of rotating shifts in pulp and paper, I should be ready for anything, but these days, I tend to stay up late and sleep very late in the morning. I'm glad that my dog likes sleeping, and lets me get some rest in the morning.
Moonbear
Feb13-12, 08:20 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
After a migraine I'm totally "zoned out" for about three hours after it ceases - like I'm in another dimension. Maybe endorphins or some sort of natural pain killer because caffeine kills them if I catch it soon enough but I still get that "out of body" experience as though I took something like morphine. Used to need an opiate but caffeine works just as well now thank goodness. Otherwise it's "please shoot me".

Time to preheat the electric blanket.
Mine build up with nausea, then I vomit and it just goes away in about 10 min. They've gotten milder for me over the years, though the vomiting to end it is newish and not good for my teeth, but a welcome end. I had them from childhood and they were far worse then. Then they were so bad there was nothing I could do but crawl into bed, turn out the lights and bury my head under the blankets hoping to block out remaining light and muffle all the noise in the house. I've never taken medication for them. The medications generally make people spacy or sleepy anyway, and since they don't just rid the headache so you can function normally and think clearly, I always figured it was better to avoid the side effects and just be nonfunctional due to the migraine. If they were still as bad as the ones I had as a kid, I'd probably have a different view about medicating now.
lisab
Feb13-12, 09:48 AM
Mentor
It's always worrying when a frequent poster goes silent ...anyone know where rootx went to?

Register to reply