PF Random Thoughts

by protonchain
Tags: random
Share this thread:
Borg
Feb13-12, 10:14 AM
PF Gold
P: 759
I just found out that I get to officially keep the window office that I've been camping in for the last two months. Yeah!
rhody
Feb13-12, 10:16 AM
PF Gold
P: 765
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
It's always worrying when a frequent poster goes silent ...anyone know where rootx went to?
You are right Lisa, haven't heard from him in awhile. Even pepper postings which usually get his interest. I think PF needs a small group who watches over members, especially those with major health issues and little or no support network. Something to think about. I will serve if asked.

Rhody...
netgypsy
Feb13-12, 10:58 AM
P: 239
We could do a PM partner or a public "check in" and stick it so it stays on top, or maybe both?? It wouldn't have to be just older or ill because many times there are natural disasters in areas where many of us live and a check in thread could help with these also. (I'm in hurricane alley so this happens all the time)
rhody
Feb13-12, 11:14 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by netgypsy View Post
We could do a PM partner or a public "check in" and stick it so it stays on top, or maybe both??
netgypsy,

Not a bad idea, IMHO there are two tiers of PFer's we need to watch over, those who go missing, and those who have known serious medical issues. They are the ones I am most concerned about. This is a really bright crowd. I have no doubt we can put our heads together and come up with a strategy that "works".

Rhody...
Jimmy Snyder
Feb13-12, 11:34 AM
P: 2,179
You should have my wife's e-mail address. If you don't hear from me for a month, shoot her a message asking where she hid my corpse.
rhody
Feb13-12, 11:46 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Jimmy Snyder View Post
You should have my wife's e-mail address. If you don't hear from me for a month, shoot her a message asking where she hid my corpse.
You are a character Jimmy, one of a kind, lol.

Rhody...
Evo
Feb13-12, 12:05 PM
Mentor
P: 26,426
Quote Quote by Moonbear View Post
Mine build up with nausea, then I vomit and it just goes away in about 10 min. They've gotten milder for me over the years, though the vomiting to end it is newish and not good for my teeth, but a welcome end. I had them from childhood and they were far worse then. Then they were so bad there was nothing I could do but crawl into bed, turn out the lights and bury my head under the blankets hoping to block out remaining light and muffle all the noise in the house. I've never taken medication for them. The medications generally make people spacy or sleepy anyway, and since they don't just rid the headache so you can function normally and think clearly, I always figured it was better to avoid the side effects and just be nonfunctional due to the migraine. If they were still as bad as the ones I had as a kid, I'd probably have a different view about medicating now.
I never knew you had migraines. Poor Moonbear.
Evo
Feb13-12, 12:11 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
It's always worrying when a frequent poster goes silent ...anyone know where rootx went to?
One of his last posts said he had a throat infection. I'm worried now.
zoobyshoe
Feb13-12, 12:56 PM
P: 5,625
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
I never knew you had migraines. Poor Moonbear.
I knew it. Her aura is the smell of cigarette smoke. Your migraines are aura-only, no headache, just the visual display of fascinating light patterns.
Evo
Feb13-12, 01:08 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe View Post
I knew it. Her aura is the smell of cigarette smoke. Your migraines are aura-only, no headache, just the visual display of fascinating light patterns.
Yeah, I'm lucky, I have the *good* migraines.
zoobyshoe
Feb13-12, 01:18 PM
P: 5,625
You do yes. When I was a kid I had the nausea/headache ones for several years.
Jonathan Scott
Feb13-12, 01:44 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,156
I get those occasionally (every few weeks or so). I've had enough not to be so scared that I'm going blind or having a stroke! I usually notice when I can't read the screen, then it's fun looking around and making big things vanish into a flickering zig-zag mist. Not so much fun when driving, though.

(I also get mild one-sided headaches very frequently. Over a couple of days they move to the other side, then disappear. Next one usually comes back about 4 days later on the side it disappeared, like pendulum! Sometime not so mild, and more like migraine from when I was young, but fortunately not often.)
wukunlin
Feb13-12, 02:47 PM
PF Gold
P: 345
I couldn't sleep at all last time, tossed and turned till 3am then got up and started reading.

10am now and I think i'm seeing things.

Omg there are birds in the house... wait what...? uhhh
Moonbear
Feb13-12, 03:35 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,271
Quote Quote by zoobyshoe View Post
Though, that's gone away. I think I'd rather it come back, because the vomiting is now the replacement symptom...ugh! Usually it's just a monthly cyclical thing, but some weather changes seem to trigger them too (at least I think that's the trigger...I could be missing something else less obvious), and this winter has had so much weirdly fluctuating weather that I'm getting them very often.
wukunlin
Feb13-12, 09:09 PM
PF Gold
P: 345
just got hit by a wave of depression, stimulants in my head were probably going nuts after I skipped a night's sleep.

Feels sooooooo much better after a shower :)
turbo
Feb13-12, 10:03 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
I can avoid most migraines if I stay away from people. Exposure to people saturated in fragrances from detergents, fabric-softeners, and personal-care products results in very predictable migraines. They start near the base of my skull on the right-hand side and radiate up and over my head. Bright lights and even moderate levels of sound make it much worse. Thankfully, I don't usually have to puke, but with severe exposures, that is not a given.
drizzle
Feb13-12, 10:14 PM
PF Gold
P: 525
I can't sleep, thanks to the cup of coffee I had.
OmCheeto
Feb13-12, 10:19 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,420
Does anybody out there, remember, Vera Lynn?

Register to reply