P: 239
Last night I ate two brownies before bed. didn't sleep until 4am. DUMBBB
Ivan Seeking
Feb13-12, 10:22 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,500
Have you all seen the commercial, I think for Carl's Jr., where the guy is marrying a hamburger? The button for the commercial is "You may eat the bride".
rootX
Feb13-12, 10:24 PM
P: 1,294
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
It's always worrying when a frequent poster goes silent ...anyone know where rootx went to?
Quote Quote by rhody View Post
You are right Lisa, haven't heard from him in awhile. Even pepper postings which usually get his interest. I think PF needs a small group who watches over members, especially those with major health issues and little or no support network. Something to think about. I will serve if asked.

Rhody...
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
One of his last posts said he had a throat infection. I'm worried now.
Awww.. sorry to make you guys worry I got really tied up with my school work. It was just a normal infection that cleared away after few days. Next time, I will keep in mind to post something in this thread before I disappear
lisab
Feb13-12, 10:26 PM
Mentor
P: 2,985
Quote Quote by rootX View Post
Awww.. sorry to make you guys worry I got really tied up with my school work. It was just a normal infection that cleared away after few days. Next time, I will keep in mind to post something in this thread before I disappear
root!! You're alive! !
turbo
Feb13-12, 10:29 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
root!! You're alive! !
Just in time for westminster! Fluffy dogs do well there.
drizzle
Feb13-12, 10:30 PM
PF Gold
P: 525
Quote Quote by Ivan Seeking View Post
Have you all seen the commercial, I think for Carl's Jr., where the guy is marrying a hamburger? The button for the commercial is "You may eat the bride".
Hmm, no wonder hearing a man says to his 'I want to eat you alive'.
turbo
Feb13-12, 10:33 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by drizzle View Post
Hmm, no wonder hearing a man says to his 'I want to eat you alive'.
Let's not take that literally, though some women could trigger a response that would involve getting pretty close and personal.
drizzle
Feb13-12, 10:35 PM
PF Gold
Root!! You're here! Glad to see you around
micromass
Feb13-12, 10:49 PM
Mentor
P: 18,240
Quote Quote by OmCheeto View Post
Does anybody out there, remember, Vera Lynn?
Remember how she said that we would meet again some sunny day??
OmCheeto
Feb13-12, 11:09 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,431
Quote Quote by micromass View Post
Remember how she said that we would meet again some sunny day??
It didn't rain on me today.

hmm....

Where is that child!
zoobyshoe
Feb14-12, 01:40 AM
P: 5,630
The transformer for my scanner disappeared. I spent an hour looking everywhere it might reasonably be. Then another hour looking everywhere it might unreasonably be.

Then I started over, but this time wiped my mind clean of any preconceptions I had about what it looked like. This did the trick. I had actually looked at it about 5 times and dismissed it as the transformer to an old phone answering machine. I had created a false memory about its size and shape.

However, you can still believe me when I swear I have seen space aliens with my own eyes. I have, and they look like what I thought my scanner transformer looked like. Or it could be I'm thinking of my printer transformer. Or maybe a cabbage.
micromass
Feb14-12, 09:05 AM
Mentor
I'm making lasagna with eggplant and zucchini. It's in the oven now. I hope it turns out ok.
Dembadon
Feb14-12, 09:57 AM
PF Gold
P: 641
I'm making lasagna with eggplant and zucchini. It's in the oven now. I hope it turns out ok.
As long as your sauce is good I think you'll be fine. When I make lasagna, I spend about 4 hours on the sauce; everything else takes about 20-25 minutes, not including cooking time.
AlephZero
Feb14-12, 12:44 PM
Engineering
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 7,115
Quote Quote by OmCheeto View Post
Does anybody out there, remember, Vera Lynn?
Well, not personally. But I do remember my 21st birthday party at uni. (Actually, it was a joint party for my 22nd and somebody else's 20th, but that's just a detail). We had hired what is claimed to be the oldest non-religious builiding in Cambridge, called "The School of Pythagoras". Photo here: http://www.cambridge2000.com/cambrid.../P8112016.html - the inside looks a bit more inviting than the outside, though.

Anyhow, we had set up the sound system and were testing it, when in walked a tour guide with a flock of 30 earnest looking Japanese, all armed with the latest camera technology. I'm not sure what they made of a bunch of undergrads playing a few hundred watts of "We'll Meet Again" in a 750 year old stone building, but they took lots of photographs of us.

Why use a Vera Lynn record as the test? The disco operator's reason was that it was probably the best audio quality record in his collection, because it only got used for checking out the sound system...
lisab
Feb14-12, 12:57 PM
Mentor
P: 2,985
How was it?
drizzle
Feb14-12, 01:16 PM
PF Gold
Can't wait to know!
micromass
Feb14-12, 06:02 PM
Mentor
How was it?
It turned out ok. Not great, but ok for a first time. I'm happy.
Dembadon
Feb14-12, 06:06 PM
PF Gold
P: 641
It turned out ok. Not great, but ok for a first time. I'm happy.
A rating of "ok" for your first round of lasagna is a success, in my opinion. Making a good lasagna can be tricky: keeping it moist without making it too sloppy was the thing that took me a couple tries.

Register to reply