Register to reply

Fire fighting pumping Unit

by mundus
Tags: fighting, pumping, unit
Share this thread:
mundus
Feb21-12, 05:33 AM
P: 5
I have a query of supplying pumps namely electricity operating pump 500 GPM, 7 bar, diesel engine driven backup pump 500 GPM, 7 bar and a jockey pump 50 GPM, 8 bar to be used for making fire fighting pumping unit (FFPU). Please guide/tell how to design the unit (FFPU) from these?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Physical constant is constant even in strong gravitational fields
Montreal VR headset team turns to crowdfunding for Totem
Researchers study vital 'on/off switches' that control when bacteria turn deadly
russ_watters
Feb21-12, 05:53 AM
Mentor
P: 22,315
You'll need to be much more specific about what you want to know.
mundus
Feb22-12, 01:22 AM
P: 5
Quote Quote by russ_watters View Post
You'll need to be much more specific about what you want to know.
I need to build fixed skid mounted FFPU consisting of three pumps (already mentioned) with water supplied from city source and stored in fire tank. All the pumps (centrifugal) should have common suction and discharge pipe.

I need:
a relationship of calculating diesel engine (rating) from known pump type and size
relationship(s) for selection of valves (types, ratings, characteristics (linear, equal percentage etc.) etc.)
relationship(s) of calculating piping (size, lengths etc.)
relationship(s) of calculating losses in piping and pump set and way to incorporate them into the final selection
relationship(s) of calculating sensor(s) and controllers (actuating time, operating voltage(s) etc.) from above data
relationship/circuit diagram of designing control unit (consisting of sensors, controllers etc.)

russ_watters
Feb22-12, 05:13 PM
Mentor
P: 22,315
Fire fighting pumping Unit

That's a pretty big and important task you are asking us to help you with. It is generally required by law that you hire a registered professional engineer to do it for you. Even if that is not an issue, for us to help you could create liability problems for us. So please hire yourself an engineer. Thread locked.

Register to reply