Register to reply

Writing shear and moment equations for a simple beam problem?

by rtrux4
Tags: beam, equations, moment, shear, simple, writing
Share this thread:
rtrux4
Feb22-12, 08:33 PM
P: 6
I am trying to write shear and moment equations in mathcad for a simple beam problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 6x6 trial 16in slab 7ŻAB 6x8x6.pdf (14.4 KB, 9 views)
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
'Smart material' chin strap harvests energy from chewing
Lockheed Martin advances live, virtual, constructive training in flight test
Lockheed Martin conducts flight tests of aircraft laser turret for DARPA
rtrux4
Feb22-12, 08:40 PM
Im generating a spreadsheet in mathcad to do simple beam problems. Having trouble doing the integrals.
OldEngr63
Feb23-12, 09:32 PM
P: 343
You shear and moment diagrams look OK, so it is not obvious that there is a problem. Why do you think that there is one?

rtrux4
Feb24-12, 02:42 PM
Writing shear and moment equations for a simple beam problem?

I am trying to write out the shear and moment equations for the beam in mathcad. The attached figure was from Beampro (an analysis software).
OldEngr63
Feb24-12, 03:36 PM
P: 343
You are going to have to write them piece-wise. Don't expect to find a single expression valid everywhere.
rtrux4
Feb24-12, 05:29 PM
I know ill have to piece-wise them, but any idea how to set up the eqns in mathcad? The integrals.

Register to reply