Register to reply

Writing shear and moment equations for a simple beam problem?

by rtrux4
Tags: beam, equations, moment, shear, simple, writing
Share this thread:
rtrux4
Feb22-12, 08:33 PM
P: 6
I am trying to write shear and moment equations in mathcad for a simple beam problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 6x6 trial 16in slab 7ŻAB 6x8x6.pdf (14.4 KB, 9 views)
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Greater safety and security at Europe's train stations
Fingerprints for freight items
On the way to a safe and secure smart home
rtrux4
Feb22-12, 08:40 PM
Im generating a spreadsheet in mathcad to do simple beam problems. Having trouble doing the integrals.
OldEngr63
Feb23-12, 09:32 PM
P: 343
You shear and moment diagrams look OK, so it is not obvious that there is a problem. Why do you think that there is one?

rtrux4
Feb24-12, 02:42 PM
Writing shear and moment equations for a simple beam problem?

I am trying to write out the shear and moment equations for the beam in mathcad. The attached figure was from Beampro (an analysis software).
OldEngr63
Feb24-12, 03:36 PM
P: 343
You are going to have to write them piece-wise. Don't expect to find a single expression valid everywhere.
rtrux4
Feb24-12, 05:29 PM
I know ill have to piece-wise them, but any idea how to set up the eqns in mathcad? The integrals.

Register to reply